You must register to have access to the complete forum.

Author Topic: loading more than 128 patches in one bank  (Read 4541 times)

Dumbo

loading more than 128 patches in one bank
« on: April 07, 2019, 01:59:08 AM »
Hello Markus,

I just wanted to try some of my selfmade sounds in Gladiator 3.0 and it didn't work anymore. I found out that it works in the 32 bit version but not in the 64 bit version (both standalone).
I do as follows: I start the 32 bit standalone Version. I go to the browser and select the first empty category ( I have the electronic expansion, so the first empty is below that and is named: "reserved".)
Now I select "load patch" which opens the directory where my selfmade presets are stored. I select them all (about 200 patches) and click "open". Now the first 128 patches are loaded into one bank and the rest "spills over" into the next bank. So far so good and nice. But when I try this with the 64 bit version it does not work. As soon as I try to load more than 128 patches the program exits with a warning (freebie host funktioniert nicht mehr).
Why does it work with the 32bit version but not with the 64bit?  ???

I'm on Win 8.1 64 bit.

Cheers  :police:

Dumbo

Markus Krause

• Tone2.com audiosoftware
  • Administrator
Re: loading more than 128 patches in one bank
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2019, 09:41:04 AM »
Hello Dumbo,

the ability to load several single patches (fxp files or glp files) at the same time is an unofficial feature that i built for myself during the development process. The purpose was that i needed a quick way to create and arrange the factory bank. Since i filled the factory bank per-category it only supports up to 128 files at the same time.
If you want to load or save a large number of sounds you should use the glp files (bank). Here up to 2048 sounds can be loaded and saved at the same time.

All The Best,
Markus

Dumbo

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2019, 06:03:52 AM »
Thank you for the fast answer!

I just don't understand yet how to get more than 128 sounds into one bank, since I can only load 128 patches into one category. Can you give me advice how to create a bank with more than 128 sounds?
I understand that Gladiator has an older structure and therefore sound saving and loading is not as easy as with your newer synths. But creating interesting sounds with Gladiator is so easy and so much fun, that in my opinion it is a pity that patch handling is not as easy as with the other synths  :'(

Cheers

Dumbo

Markus Krause

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2019, 09:27:54 AM »
Please note:
- A .glp file ("Gladiator patch") or a .fxp file contains a single patch
- A .glb file ("Gladiator Bank") is a bank which contains many patches

Creating a custom bank with many custom patches (PC):

1) Select a category (Arp, Load, etc...)
2) Select a patch location where you you want to start the loading (0 Welcome, ...)
2) Click load-> Load patch (.glp)
3) Select one or up to 128 glp files
4) All patches that you selected will be loaded after the location that you selected

5) Repeat steps 1-5 for further categories

6) Click save->save bank (.glb) to store the new bank to a file

---------------------

Loading your custom bank automatically when you start the plugin:

1) Go to the Gladiator3_data directory and create a backup of Factory.glb
2) In Gladiator click save->save bank (.glb) and overwrite Factoy.glb

Dumbo

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2019, 12:32:38 PM »
Thank you Markus!
Now I understand: I always thought a bank = soundbank = category, but a bank is the whole state of all the presets. Got it now!

What I did wrong was to select the "Reserved" category as target for my own sounds. I can load sounds into "Reserved" but when I save the bank, the "Reserved" slots don't remember the presets (I guess because they are reserved(!) for expansions).

I don't know if it is possible to add one or two (or three) User-assignable categories in a further update. This way I could keep all the factory presets plus some of my own sounds.

Anyway, thank you for clarification, I now understand the patch/bank handling! :D

Cheers :police:

Dumbo