Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Automate in Reason  (Read 207 times)
Mats

Email
« on: January 06, 2019, 12:39:39 PM »

I wonder how one automate for example the filter for Electra 2 in Reason 10.

I´ve tried to do it like in the in-built synths, but that doesn´t work.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2019, 12:56:43 PM by Mats » Logged
Markus Krause
Tone2.com audiosoftware
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2019, 05:48:02 PM »

Hell Mats,

I am not famaliar with Reason 10. What is known to me is that VST support has been added not long ago. It is possible that it is still not 100% VST compatible. I am sure they will enhance this with future updates.

There are several possibilites for controlling the filter cutoff:

1) Automation:

A) You can simply drop the plug-in’s track into record and tweak its controls in real time from the plug-in window. This will create new Sequencer lanes for those parameters and record your movements.

B) If you need to create lanes ahead of time, perhaps because you just want to draw or copy automation instead of performing it, you can click Automation in the plug-in window’s toolbar, then click the parameter you’re interested in.

2) Midi with midi-learn

Right-click to a knob in Electra. Then select 'Midi learn' and move a knob on your hardware controller. The knob will now be changed when you tweak the knob on your controler

3) Matrix

In the Matrix select a Midi CC or the modwheel as source. Then select Cutoff1 as targed. Set the send level to 100 if the cutoff is a high value or -100 if it is a low value.

Best Regards,
Markus

Mats

Email
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2019, 07:19:51 PM »

Hi Markus,

I´ve tried to do it like in 1 a. Reason even made a new note lane with recording data of the filter. But the filter knob did´nt move at all, and no change in the sound either.

As you said, maybe Reason isn´t 100% compatible with VST instruments yet.

Best Regards,

Mats
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: