You must register to have access to the complete forum.

Author Topic: Electra 2.6 Custom Patches "File not compatible"  (Read 7577 times)

Cdc

• Email
Electra 2.6 Custom Patches "File not compatible"
« on: October 26, 2018, 06:31:38 AM »
Hey, I'm putting together some custom patches in Electra 2.6. I send them to my friend who is using version 2.0, and when he tries to load them, he gets an error message that says "This file is not compatible with this product".
I've had a similar issue with another friend who uses Electra, so I know it isn't just one issue.

What would I have to do to make my presets universally compatible across Electra 2? I know sellers that make custom Electra kits that work for most people

Markus Krause

• Tone2.com audiosoftware
  • Administrator
Re: Electra 2.6 Custom Patches "File not compatible"
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2018, 11:41:44 AM »
Hello,

Electra2.6 has features that Electra 2.0 does not have. As a result you can't load these patches to the old version. Electra 2.0 is really outdated. He should update to v2.6. The update is available for free here:

https://www.tone2.com/download.html

Best regards,
Markus

Cdc

• Email
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2018, 07:21:50 PM »
Hey so I updated Electra 2 to version 2.6 on my PC to test it out, with a problem. When I load up custom sound banks, it shows two versions of each sound. One that appears as "._ARP Bells MF" and one that appears normally. The first version gives back an error that reads "This file is not compatible with this product", and doesn't load the sound, whereas the second version loads the sound normally.

I want to find a way to only show the second version of the sounds (that work), but this is difficult because the 'error sounds' take up half the patch screen. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions, to no avail. I don't get this issue on my mac, only PC. And this happens with every custom bank I own, even patches I've personally created and saved in Electra 2 on my mac. Oddly, there is one (out of ten) banks where this issue does not show up.

Cdc

• Email
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2018, 07:29:10 PM »
Ok so the issue lies with copying and pasting entire folders into the "electra x sounds" folder. When I copy the individual sounds and make a new folder in the directory, the issue is gone.

Markus Krause

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2018, 09:47:15 AM »
Hello CDC,

The correct location and structure for sounds is ...ElectraX_sounds/SomeDirectory/SomePatch.fxp

Best Regards,
Markus Krause

zvenx

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2018, 12:52:01 PM »
That sounds like you are copying from a mac?
Which needs the . invisible files which the PC doesn't.
Most plugins/programs on the PC ignore it.
you can do a view hidden on the PC and go thru them on the PC and delete them.
rsp
-------------
richard sven
sound sculptist