You must register to have access to the complete forum.

Author Topic: Sound Morphing  (Read 4839 times)

Dumbo

Sound Morphing
« on: July 24, 2018, 12:31:46 AM »
Hello,

I just asked myself, since many of the Tone2 synths (e.g. Icarus) have great resynthesis abilities, if it is already possible to do real sound morphing (like mentioned here http://www.hakenaudio.com/RealTimeMorph/).
And I mean real sound morphing, not just blending. I mean the stuff, e.g. KYMA does... ;D
Would be great to load two (resynthesized) samples and then blend in realtime between the two...  :o

(But if this would mean extra development, maybe after the Tone2 drummachine? :D )

Cheers

Dumbo

Markus Krause

• Tone2.com audiosoftware
  • Administrator
    • Tone2.com audiosoftware
Re: Sound Morphing
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2018, 11:13:51 AM »
Hello Dumbo,

Gladiator ca do this. It's synthesis is called 'Harmonic Content Morphing'.
It uses additive spectra which are morphing. The spectra can further be tweaked with modifiers. It is also possible to use two spectra and morph or crossblend them. It comes with resynthesized spectra, but you can't resynthesize own ones easily.

The resynthesis in Icarus works very well. I recommend using this one. Then you could use OSC->Tool->Apply Morph->'Apply Morph Sweep to current waveform' to create a morph for the currently selected 'Osc Synthesis/Morph mode' (above the morph knob).   

I've been thinking about a dru machine for many years. But it seems that the sales will not cover the development costs.

Markus

Dumbo

Re: Sound Morphing
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2018, 12:01:37 AM »
Thanks, Markus, I'll try the Icarus Morphing!

About the Drummachine, I would preorder instantly! ;)
Electra already has most of the needed features. Double (ah, better triple) the available layers, add easy sample preview/selection and midi drag and drop and a combined sequencer view for all channels and I am a happy customer! ;D
Should take you are weekend...  :D

No for real, I would subscribe, if you planned to do something in this direction!

Cheers

Dumbo