You must register to have access to the complete forum.

Author Topic: Program changes in RayBlaster  (Read 4095 times)

BreakerFix

Program changes in RayBlaster
« on: November 21, 2018, 09:23:04 AM »
Hello:
I own Electra 2 & Nemesis1.5 & LOVE them both for a number of reasons. I downloaded the RayBlaster Demo to give it a test drive before purchasing & notice that Program Changes work differently in RB than in either Electra or Nemesis! In fact, I can't get them to work well enough purchase RB! I love the sounds I've heard, but no matter what bank I'm in or where I am in the preset list, program  changes work like I'm in the first bank. When I press a button. For example, if I've browsed to a preset in the very last Bank "Wobble" & load any preset. When I press the UP key on my MIDI keyboard which should load the Next preset in the same bank I'm in, I'm instantly in the "Arpeggiator" Bank which is bank1. What am I doing wrong?

In Nemesis or Electra if I browse to any bank & press any program change key on my controller, I go to whatever preset in the bank I'm already in. If I'm at the lowest preset & press down, I go to the previous bank. I can't find any setting to change to fix my issue. Any suggestions on how I can get the program changes to work & stay within the bank they're in?

I can't imagine it's supposed to work like this. It's extremely limiting.

Markus Krause

• Tone2.com audiosoftware
  • Administrator
Re: Program changes in RayBlaster
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2018, 11:17:44 AM »
Hello bamim,

the behaviour of the program changes will be enhanced in RayBlaster 2.1. The update will be for free. A beta of 2.1 might be available still this year.

I already solved the topic in Nemesis 1.6 and Electra 2.6. You can download it here:
https://www.tone2.com/download.html

Best Regards,
Markus

BreakerFix

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2018, 08:58:29 PM »
Hello Markus:

thank you for the info. I decided to go ahead on the purchase of RB2, so if there IS a beta around somewhere I'd love to get it from you & give it a go. Otherwise I'll just wait for the update & hope it's fixed. I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't the problem & to see if there's a fix on the way & if so, when. It would be great to have RB2 work the same way as Electra & Nemesis when doing program changes. I've got to get more familiar with it before I can use it on a project or on stage anyway.

Thank you again,

-b<

Markus Krause

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2018, 07:37:43 AM »
Hello,

i have taken care of it yesterday and it works as expected now. There will be also many other enhancements. A beta will be available in some weeks.

Markus