You must register to have access to the complete forum.

Author Topic: Beat slicing  (Read 4982 times)

Dumbo

Beat slicing
« on: July 02, 2018, 01:02:27 AM »
Hello Marcus,
I am just exploring the new and exciting features of the latest version of Icarus. I found this:
"- IMPORT SAMPLE->'Beat slice drumlop' cuts a sample into 16 or 32 waveforms and creates a patch with plays a BPM synced loop"

I tried it and it works, but now my question: How can I rearrange the beat? I tried the arpeggiator, but that only shifts the pitch of the given sound. I saw, that the "wave" parameter is modulated by a ramp from lfo 1. When I change this, e.g. I change the ramp into a square, I get somehow interesting results but how can I just rearrange the order of the drumsounds. For example, a simple beat goes: kick, snare, kick, snare. and I want to change it to: kick, kick, snare, snare. How can I access the 16 or 32 steps and change the order how I want it to be?   :o

Cheers  ;)

Dumbo

P.S.
When I select the rolleyes smiley, it gives this instead:  ::)

« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 01:04:36 AM by Dumbo »

Markus Krause

• Tone2.com audiosoftware
  • Administrator
Re: Beat slicing
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2018, 09:57:24 AM »
Hello Dumbo,

there are 3 ways to modify the beat.

1) Open the wavetable editor. Here you can find 16 or 32 short waveforms. Every waveform represents a slot in the drumline. Copy a slot and paste it somewhere else.

2) In the OSC section set 'Wave1 Lfo1' Mod to 0. Then route the STEP lfo to Wave1. Now use the sliders of the step lfo to select the slice.

3) In the OSC section set 'Wave1 Lfo1' Mod to 0. Then route the Velocity+ to Wave1 in the matrix. Now use the sliders of the Arp to select the slice.

Best Regards,
Markus

Dumbo

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2018, 08:30:34 PM »
Oh, great, I get the cleanest result in the wavetable editor, but the other ways also give interesting results!

Thanks! :)

Dumbo

Dumbo

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2018, 04:19:35 AM »
I have another question about the beatslice drumloop feature: Is it anyhow possible to change the loaded drumloop while maintaining the current settings. I have found good settings for me, but I have to recreate them every time I want another drumloop as source.
If this is/were possible, could I then stack 2 drumloops, while copying the first one to OSC2 and then reload another drumloop to OSC1?
So many cool features, so many questions... :D

Cheers

Dumbo

Markus Krause

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2018, 11:58:01 AM »
Hello Dumbo,

so far noone has asked for this. That's why i did not include such a feature so far.
You can try this:

1) beatslice a drumloop
2) Save the wavetable of osc1
3) beatslice another one
4) Load the wavetable to osc2

Markus

Dumbo

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2018, 04:07:58 PM »
Of course! Thank you! With Icarus, the possibilities are endless! :D
I also just realized, that I can use the resynthesis of a melody to extract the arpeggiator data from it. Just analyze, then save the arp. These new features are so great! ;)

Cheers

Dumbo