You must register to have access to the complete forum.

Author Topic: How to properly create a soundbank for Gladiator?  (Read 3751 times)

Dumbo

How to properly create a soundbank for Gladiator?
« on: July 01, 2018, 05:12:44 AM »
Hi,
maybe because I'm used to the (great) sound browsing funcionality of the other tone2 synths and since Gladiator has another file system, I just don't get how to create a proper user bank.
I saved a lot of different single presets. I made the mistake to give them names when saving, not before with the "rename" function. So many don't have proper names when I reload them. Ok, I can change that. But when I select "load patch", and select multiple files, it gets ugly: The current bank shows only a few presets, the next bank shows some other... I even managed to create a bank that initiates all other banks(!?). When I load it, all other categories (arp / lead etc.) show only "init+number". Obviously I'm doing something wrong.
So please: How do I create soundbanks of my own presets with proper names and how do I manage them? :'(
(And by the way: I read the manual but couldn't find it there. It might also be confusing for new users, that the manual is not up to date concerning the new patch browser...) :o

Any tips / hints / ideas highly appreciated!

Cheers

Dumbo

P.S.
Aside from these problems, that probably come from my ignorance regarding the fxp / fxb format, the new Gladiator is much fun, sounds really great and the new big UI is a bliss! ;)
« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 02:11:26 AM by Dumbo »

Markus Krause

• Tone2.com audiosoftware
  • Administrator
Re: How to properly create a soundbank for Gladiator?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2018, 12:12:00 PM »
Hello Dumbo,

managing own banks it is possible, but i currently do not have all details it in my mind, because it was years ago since i re-arranged the factory bank.

It should work this way:

At first use 'save'->save all. Then select 'gladiator single presets (*.glp)' instead of the *.glb format.
Then the whole category of the bank gets exported as separte files which contain single patches.

Then go to the first patch of a catergory of your choice like 'Lead'. Go to 'load patch' and use the shift key to select several glp files of your choice. All files that you selected will now be loaded in an order.

Markus

Dumbo

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2018, 03:26:16 PM »
Ok, thank you Markus, I'll try that!

Cheers

Dumbo

Dumbo

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2018, 01:03:54 AM »
I found the culprit that destroyed the new patchbrowser. To recreate: Open Gladiator. Click "Rename" on the first patch (welcome). Just delete the text in the name window, without entering something, so the field is blank. Now change to a different category or save the patch with the windows naming options (save as). Now all following patches in the same category only show in the old browser, but in the new browser it seems that there are none, it is completely empty (or if you do that e.g. with the 8th patch, only the first seven are shown. If you now save the complete category as a bank and reload it, you get a total mess, as all following banks only show "init+number".
My suggestion would be to not allow entering no name in the rename field or have a "dummy" text, that does appear if nothing is entered...
Or you probably have a better idea... ;)

After deleting this one bad patch, the method of creating own banks you mentioned above worked totally ok!

Cheers

Dumbo

Markus Krause

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2018, 10:05:08 AM »
Thanks Dumbo. I will fix this for Gladiator3.