You must register to have access to the complete forum.

Author Topic: Gladiator 3 public beta1 PC (deprecated)  (Read 22023 times)

Bodiah22

Re: Gladiator 3 public beta PC
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2018, 05:46:31 PM »
Makes sense. Thanks for the clarification!

omniphonix

« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2018, 08:10:58 PM »
I think we maybe still have the same old problem from Gladiator 2? The Progression and Workstation banks still don't show up with their own bank categories down the side of the new browser like all the other Tone2 plugins. The Electronic, Dance & Trance, and State of Art T2K-based banks still work fine as they always have, but I was hoping Progression and Workstation GLB-based banks would have their own categories in the browser and the empty "Reserved" lines would go away.

omniphonix

« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2018, 08:18:24 PM »
Also, when G3 is in the larger size, opening the browser makes the plugin window smaller than the editor? That seems kind of strange...

Markus Krause

• Tone2.com audiosoftware
  • Administrator
« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2018, 02:48:04 PM »
Hello omniphonix,

Gladiator is a very old plugin. When it was released more than 10 years ago it still did use Steinberg's fxb banks to store the patches. Many people used and still do use Gladiator in their productions. That's why it is very important for our customers to keep the downward compatibility with the previous versions. The 'reserved' slots are an artefact of the old patch format. It's the price that we have to pay to be downward compatible. I will check out if i find a better solution for it.

Markus

Markus Krause

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2018, 12:12:40 PM »
Installing the Workstation soundset:

PC:

1) Install the latest version of Gladiator2/3
2) Copy Workstation.glb to the plugin directory (the same directory as gladiator.dll)
3) Restart Gladiator
4) You can find the sounds under the 'Workstation' category at then end of the list

Mac:

2) Copy Workstation.glb to Library/Audio/Plug-Ins
3) Restart Gladiator
4) You can find the sounds under the 'Workstation' category at then end of the list

Installing the Progression soundset:

PC:

2) Copy Progression.glb to the plugin directory (the same directory as gladiator.dll)
3) Restart Gladiator
4) You can find the sounds under the 'Progression' category at then end of the list

Mac:

2) Copy Progression.glb to Library/Audio/Plug-Ins
3) Restart Gladiator
4) You can find the sounds under the 'Progression' category at then end of the list

SHenshaw

« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2018, 02:56:58 AM »
Also, when G3 is in the larger size, opening the browser makes the plugin window smaller than the editor? That seems kind of strange...
This happens on my machine, too. And when I re-size/stretch the browser window, it doesn't re-size cleanly. It "tears" along the right edge and bottom, and all I see on the screen is some tear lines and white space behind them. I have to close the plug-in and re-open it to get back to the main interface.

I can provide pictures or a short video, if you need them.

Steve
Intel i5-based, Windows 7 (64-bit) OS; Cakewalk by Bandlab, Sonar Platinum, FL Studio, Reaper

Markus Krause

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2018, 05:56:52 PM »
Hello Steve,

the resizing problem it is a known issue. It should be solved with the next update.

The patch browser will not be available in two different sizes. It's too much work to implement this.

SHenshaw

« Reply #37 on: August 08, 2018, 01:54:32 AM »
Hello Steve,

the resizing problem it is a known issue. It should be solved with the next update.

The patch browser will not be available in two different sizes. It's too much work to implement this.
Thanks, Markus. The browser size doesn't bother me (as I mentioned in my e-mail). I was just confirming the problem, since I was able to reproduce it.

Steve
Intel i5-based, Windows 7 (64-bit) OS; Cakewalk by Bandlab, Sonar Platinum, FL Studio, Reaper

Mr. Mókus

« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2018, 07:56:18 AM »
I've never been able to see the whole GUI on my screen. It's pretty annoying. The resizing option just gives me a normal size, and a super blown-up size that only allows me to see a 1/4 of the GUI, and those two toggle between just the preset browser window. Is there a way to make a scrollable window version, or is that reliant on the host software?

EDIT: I've also run into an issue the past couple days with Gladiator 3. I have the sequencer looped and I'm surfing presets, and at some point the audio just drops out for that track. I have to close Cubase and reopen it to get sound from it again.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 08:00:59 AM by Mr. Mókus »

zvenx

« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2018, 03:38:45 PM »
I've never been able to see the whole GUI on my screen. It's pretty annoying. The resizing option just gives me a normal size, and a super blown-up size that only allows me to see a 1/4 of the GUI, and those two toggle between just the preset browser window. Is there a way to make a scrollable window version, or is that reliant on the host software?

EDIT: I've also run into an issue the past couple days with Gladiator 3. I have the sequencer looped and I'm surfing presets, and at some point the audio just drops out for that track. I have to close Cubase and reopen it to get sound from it again.

That also happened to me maybe twice, but I thought it was unrelated to G3.
Hmmm
rsp
-------------
richard sven
sound sculptist

omniphonix

« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2018, 05:37:51 PM »
2) Copy Workstation.glb to the plugin directory (the same directory as gladiator.dll)

Thanks Markus, it looks like putting the banks in the same folder as the plugin did the trick!

Markus Krause

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2018, 11:59:09 AM »
Thank you for taking part in the beta and your feedback. I adressed all your issues.

A new version is available here:
http://www.tone2.org/forum/index.php?topic=2634