You must register to have access to the complete forum.

Author Topic: Electra v2.5 beta2  (Read 18269 times)

Markus Krause

• Tone2.com audiosoftware
  • Administrator
Re: Electra v2.5 beta2
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2017, 05:09:32 PM »
Seems to be related to the multicore CPU support. Try enabling/disabling it within StudioOne. This might solve it.

exmatproton

• Ae
    • exm BC
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2017, 12:10:36 PM »
Seems to be related to the multicore CPU support. Try enabling/disabling it within StudioOne. This might solve it.

Hmmm. I don't have that option under audio devices...that's weird. FYI, ElektraX is the only plugin that takes so long to load (and only in Studio One, which isfine by me btw).
Warlock_Icarus_Gladiator2/3_RayBlaster2_Nemesis_Saurus2_Electra2(x)_BiFilter2_Filterbank3_Warmverb

-exm-

MorpherX

« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2017, 02:07:56 AM »
Second Beta Test:

Electra 2.5 Beta 2 x64 (win) doesn't show anymore the subwindows after closing and reopening the GUI in Reaper x64 ( OS Win 7 x64, Win 8.1 x64 ). All the subwindows are empty. When deleting the instance and opening a new one the subwindows are shown for the first time, but after closing and reopening, the subwindows are empty.

Beside this, I also have a sluggish and slow response when moving potis with the mousewheel.

Both is not happened with Electra 2.1, so I deleted this Beta and went back to the working version.

Hope it can be fixed soon !

Alex_Longard

• Email
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2017, 03:36:46 AM »
MorpherX
If you disable tooltips the same result?

In my Reaper x86 windows XP and 10 work normal.

Markus Krause

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2017, 08:53:03 AM »
Hello MorpherX,

I did run some test. Here are the results:

The problem is caused by a badly designed multithreading architecture in Reaper. It does call 'GUI idle' (update the GUI) already before the GUI is opened (GUI open call). As a result deadlocks or crashes can happen. The problem does not only affect Electra, but can also affect plugins from other companies - especially those with a complex GUI. I recommend that you contact the authors and notify them about the problem.

I did build a new version for you, which should solve the problem:
https://www.tone2.com/update/Tone2_Electra_v2.5_beta3_PC.zip

« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 09:45:52 AM by Markus Krause »

MorpherX

« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2017, 10:19:20 PM »
Hello MorpherX,

I did run some test. Here are the results:

The problem is caused by a badly designed multithreading architecture in Reaper. It does call 'GUI idle' (update the GUI) already before the GUI is opened (GUI open call). As a result deadlocks or crashes can happen. The problem does not only affect Electra, but can also affect plugins from other companies - especially those with a complex GUI. I recommend that you contact the authors and notify them about the problem.

I did build a new version for you, which should solve the problem:
https://www.tone2.com/update/Tone2_Electra_v2.5_beta3_PC.zip

Hi Markus,

thanks for the fast reply and the very fast fix. Beta 3 now opens the GUI in Reaper x64 after closing it, again and again. It seems you have delayed the GUI opening-time a bit. Clever solution !
I know that Reaper has some inconsistancies but the routing capabilities and the customation features are fantastic.

Only one, hopefully last thing:
I personally don't need the parameter readout on the potis and disabled therefore tooltips, but the parameter readout is still there. Could you please fix this ? Thanks in advance.

Ooh, before I forget, one last last thing:
Could you please offer unidirectional sine modulators or a feature to make them unipolar.
I looked for an ability to make this bipolar sine modulators unipolar but could'nt find anything.

Many thanks again for the fast fix !

« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 10:22:45 PM by MorpherX »

abject39

« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2017, 09:35:21 PM »
Reporting bug within the beta thread is fine.

Drag & Drop:

Click on the LFO text (not the waveform), hold the mouse button and move it to a knob.

I will do some tests with the performance. Electra 2.5 has a much higher sound quality than the previous versions. It needs around 30% more CPU.
Looks like I was doing it wrong lol.