You must register to have access to the complete forum.

Author Topic: Inspiration from Omnisphere 2  (Read 5594 times)

FischerZ

• Email
Inspiration from Omnisphere 2
« on: September 05, 2016, 01:55:40 PM »
Here are 400 wavetables inspired by Omnisphere2. Please note. These are not the original wavetables. The tables consist of 4 modified Waves from Omnisphere2 interpolated to 256 Waves. Therefore, very smooth transitions.
Hope you have fun with it

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3ojanokk7ko1lv6/Omnisphere.7z?dl=0

Alex_Longard

• Email
Re: Inspiration from Omnisphere 2
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2016, 02:45:00 PM »
FischerZ
Thanks! Very nice for Electra2!

OneOfManyPauls

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2016, 05:05:54 PM »
Nice collection of sounds for people to play with - thanks!

I was concerned that these might not comply with the omni sounds license agreement, but after downloading them, they look to just be synth section waveforms and not [traditional sense] samples, so I assume they're fine:

https://www.spectrasonics.net/support/knowledgebase_view_topic.php?id=436&categoryID=78

In the case of original user patches created SOLELY with the digital oscillators in the synthesizer section of Omnisphere (i.e using NO SAMPLES), this is permissible.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2016, 05:59:20 PM by OneOfManyPauls »

AnalogSignal

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2016, 06:45:15 PM »
Icarus does cannot play samples (unfortunately). So even if you took a copyrighted sample, it would sound pretty different once it is resynthesized.

OneOfManyPauls

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2016, 06:54:40 PM »
yeah, but I'd think even resynthesized sample section content would be covered by this:

What if I extensively modify the factory sounds from my Spectrasonics Virtual Instruments?
All modification, layering, and tweaking is still legally considered a "derivative work" based on copyrighted recordings, so any type of re-use or sample distribution like this is prohibited under the standard license. Use of this type would require specific clearance or a special license arranged with Spectrasonics in advance.

FischerZ

• Email
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2016, 07:15:41 PM »
Please note. This wavetables consist of 4 Single Cycle Waveforms.