You must register to have access to the complete forum.

Author Topic: Icarus feature requests  (Read 132687 times)

Yukihiro

• Email
Re: Icarus feature requests
« Reply #240 on: May 18, 2021, 01:35:02 PM »
I am enjoying Icarus2. Thank you for developing such a fun software.
Can I write a little bit about my wishes?

The morph mode of Icarus2 has FMSine, FMSine2x and FMSine3x.
I think it would be great to have FMSine0.5x and FMSine0.25x in addition to these.
Of course, it would be possible to use one of the other OSCs. However, I would like to keep the other two OSCs for other uses.

In fact, it would be best if the ratio could be set arbitrarily.

davew1

« Reply #241 on: July 07, 2022, 05:43:40 AM »
I'm enjoying some of the new features in the 2.5 update. It's possible to get some interesting patterns by playing arpeggios while modulating Icarus' effects levels with Bitwig modulators. Also, being able to audition different wavetables in an oscillator by using the mouse scroll wheel makes it even easier to create new sounds. Very cool!

Velltone

• Email
« Reply #242 on: August 25, 2022, 10:59:53 PM »

i miss keytrack and glitch section mix knob modulation - will be nice if these have at least macro/mod wheel control.Cheers :)

Markus Krause

• Tone2.com audiosoftware
  • Administrator
« Reply #243 on: August 26, 2022, 10:26:39 AM »
I will check out if it is possible with reasonable effort
Cheers! :)

Markus Krause

• Administrator
« Reply #244 on: November 25, 2022, 02:12:40 PM »
Feature requests by Hanz Meyzer:

"I have some little suggestions for workflow improvement, which are very small details, but I think would improve the usability:

- The view selection, for example that I have chosen LFO2 tab and the 2d wavetable view, could be remembered in the instance (not in the patch, but why not?), so if you re-open the GUI, it is not lost anymore

- If I modulate the wavetable index with the mod wheel + LFO2, on mouse over on the index knob, only the mod wheel modulation is shown... A bug? Also there simply could be then two little modulation amount popup-knobs, for each single modulation source. This would be super handy, since you do not need the mod matrix view at all anymore. I think this would be huge improvement!

- Also the context menu on a knob could then show "remove LFO2 modulation" and "remove mod wheel modulation", so for each source an extra entry.

- I actually would put the matrix and MSEG1/2 tabs to the very left, since it seems to be the most important while sound design phase. Also this tab selection could be remembered.

- Some alt-click on a knob could open the matrix tab.

- It is a pity that you have to sacrifice a whole filter, if you want pre-filter distorton... What about adding the all distortion types with "prefilter" prefix additionally?

- Lock for FX mix, so you can browse all presets with fx disabled. Actually a switch "disable fx" might be more cpu saving
- Lock for EQ on/off"

Markus Krause

• Administrator
« Reply #245 on: December 07, 2022, 12:10:05 PM »
Requested: "I'd really love is if there was a Random+- modulation source"

LeonC

• Email
« Reply #246 on: March 12, 2024, 01:16:31 PM »
Hello,
I have been using the Icarus 3 beta. Absolutely loving it so far.

There are a few requests and suggestions I'd like to mention.

• The oscillator parameter text, notably in the Granular modes where the waveform is big, is very difficult to read over top the waveform like that.
    (edit: please don't hotlink images hosted on external servers because of the privacy EU laws and security reasons)

• I've also noticed that there is something causing the oscillator waveform selection arrows to forget their position.

Example: Let's say I toggle the arrows to change waveforms to Stacked -> Square 2x. A short while later, when I decide I want to change the oscillator waveform again, if I toggle to arrow it will revert back to 'Saw' at the very beginning of the list instead of continuing through the Stacked folder.

I experienced this behaviour in Icarus 2.5 as well, and it continues in 3.

• And lastly, one feature I would love to see is a way to switch the order of filter settings.

Lets say I have a carefully tuned, key-followed setting on Filter 1 and a key-followed bandpass on Filter 2. But I decide they would sound better in the opposite order; the only option I have is to copy one filter over to the other, thereby completely losing the previous setting. If there was a way to simply switch their order, I think it could open up a lot options.

Thank you for your consideration and for building such a phenomenal synthesizer.

Best,
L
« Last Edit: March 15, 2024, 07:41:23 PM by Markus Krause »

LeonC

• Email
« Reply #247 on: March 13, 2024, 01:05:32 AM »
Another useful function: a way to scroll through drum sounds in the drum module. A comprehensive browser is not necessary, but up/down arrow buttons or a even a keyboard-command that would load the next .wav in a given folder - this would hugely speed up the workflow and minimize the amount of times it opens the Finder window when loading a sample!

Markus Krause

• Administrator
« Reply #248 on: March 21, 2024, 09:59:45 AM »
Open the finder. Then you can drag&drop a wav sample in the drum module. Drop the file to where the sample name is displayed. This method has the advantage that you're also able to pre-listen the sounds.

exmatproton

• Ae
    • exm BC
    • Email
« Reply #249 on: April 05, 2024, 09:51:31 PM »
Seems something is weird with the pitchbend in Icarus 3.

The first 20 cents the pitch isn't changing. @ 20 cents the pitch suddenly changes to +/- 20 cents and then resumes the bend.

EDIT: Not sure why this has been modified. It truly is the first 50 cents, not 20..
« Last Edit: April 06, 2024, 04:22:40 PM by exmatproton »
Warlock_Icarus_Gladiator2/3_RayBlaster2_Nemesis_Saurus2_Electra2(x)_BiFilter2_Filterbank3_Warmverb

-exm-

Markus Krause

• Administrator
« Reply #250 on: April 06, 2024, 09:30:39 AM »
The threshold for the pitchwheel is a feature that is intended.

Explanation:
There are plenty of old/crappy Midi Keyboards out there. They do not longer center the pitchwheel exactly and return Midi pitchbend values that are slightly off. This can make synthesizer plugins be out-of-tune, expecially if they are set to a high pitchbend range like +-12 semitones. The threshold in Icarus in the center of the pitchbend fixes this problem.

I'll check out if it is possible to lower the threshold a bit for the next update.

You can get a more fine pitchwheel resolution if you change PitchWheel+-12 to +-2 in the top left of the synthesizer.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2024, 09:32:30 AM by Markus Krause »

exmatproton

• Ae
    • exm BC
    • Email
« Reply #251 on: April 06, 2024, 04:24:06 PM »
The threshold for the pitchwheel is a feature that is intended.

Explanation:
There are plenty of old/crappy Midi Keyboards out there. They do not longer center the pitchwheel exactly and return Midi pitchbend values that are slightly off. This can make synthesizer plugins be out-of-tune, expecially if they are set to a high pitchbend range like +-12 semitones. The threshold in Icarus in the center of the pitchbend fixes this problem.

I'll check out if it is possible to lower the threshold a bit for the next update.

You can get a more fine pitchwheel resolution if you change PitchWheel+-12 to +-2 in the top left of the synthesizer.

Not sure why my previous comment has been deleted.....?

Since this is the feature request thread; I would like to see an option to set a pitchwheel offset/threshold :)
Warlock_Icarus_Gladiator2/3_RayBlaster2_Nemesis_Saurus2_Electra2(x)_BiFilter2_Filterbank3_Warmverb

-exm-

Markus Krause

• Administrator
« Reply #252 on: April 06, 2024, 08:33:09 PM »
The pitchwheel behaves this way since 8 years and we did not get a single request from another user that it should changed.
The opposite was true before the threshold feature was introduced. We occasinally received mails from people with wonky pitchwheels asking 'why is the synth slightly out of tune?'
So obviously it works fine in the current stage for all other people including myself.
I noted your feature request, aswered to you quickly, told you a workaround and told you that I will take care of your demand of it in the next update. There is no need to spam about it here.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2024, 08:34:59 PM by Markus Krause »