You must register to have access to the complete forum.

Author Topic: Icarus feature requests  (Read 131645 times)

Markus Krause

• Tone2.com audiosoftware
  • Administrator
Re: Icarus feature requests
« Reply #210 on: January 30, 2020, 09:37:11 AM »
I will check out if it is possible from the technical side

PhaseTransition

• Email
« Reply #211 on: February 01, 2020, 08:36:28 AM »
Please add the ability to hold notes by pressing the right mouse button on the keyboard.
Would be awesome for designing drones, arps and atmospheres.

Markus Krause

• Administrator
« Reply #212 on: February 03, 2020, 09:59:29 AM »
This has been requested also by a couple of other users. Chances are good that it will be added in a free update.

PhaseTransition

• Email
« Reply #213 on: February 03, 2020, 10:43:23 AM »
 ;D Awesome!

Burkuagh

« Reply #214 on: February 13, 2020, 07:02:41 PM »
Comments view for patches..

I have the habit of making long patch names which include the assignment of the mod wheel and CC 16 17 18...
 I do this so I know what does what.  I'd really rather have comments section on each patch where you can leave notes about the patch.

Burkuagh

« Reply #215 on: March 02, 2020, 10:48:02 AM »
Have you guys ever thought about making an alternate version of the odd number Hyp osc types?  Currently the odd numbered ones are mono and the even numbered ones are stereo and it seems like the stereo is fully panned apart with no actual middle voice and that's what I was wondering about.  Have you ever thought of trying the odd number hyper osc with the voices distributed between middle(mono), left, and right?

Also.. Could you guys add phase inversion and reverse to the Modify Wavetable in the Tools dropdown on the OSC section?  As you know inverting and/or reversing the phase makes a huge difference when using analog filters and it would be so much more convenient to have these as dropdowns from the main page without having to edit them by hand in the editor.

1 other thing.. when the UI is closed and opened it automatically switches to the Arp display.  I would love to have it remember the last display.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2020, 07:32:39 AM by Burkuagh »

Markus Krause

• Administrator
« Reply #216 on: April 27, 2020, 11:46:08 AM »
Hello Burkuagh,

1) I did experiment with this. However they did not sound different enough compared to the stuff that's already included.
Please note: Unlike other synths the hypersaws in Electra and Icarus use a special statistical alogrythm to make sure that they are 100% mono-compatible. That's also the secret why the sound more smooth and more wide that the one's from competing products. So in general you don't have to care about mono-compatibility as long as you use Icarus.
Optionally you can control the stereo-with by adding the effect 'Stereo width' and set 'width' to 50%.

2) This is possible. So far noone else has requested this.

3) No sure if it is a good idea. If i change something here GUI glitches could appear in various hosts.

Best Regards,
Markus

Touch The Universe

• Email
« Reply #217 on: July 27, 2020, 08:19:15 AM »
I'd love to see ability for an oscillator to be bypassed by one or more fx.

It might also be interesting to have a dry and wet for the osc morph.

Also maybe have free running lfo's the same option bipolar lfo's the same as lfo's with options +- and +
« Last Edit: July 27, 2020, 08:30:08 AM by Touch The Universe »

Cliff

• Email
« Reply #218 on: July 27, 2020, 09:03:08 AM »
I'd like to see microtonal file support for all Tone2 synths - the ability to import tuning files such as .tun, .scl or .syx. It would enable users to do all sorts of crazy stuff. All of the major instruments by u-he (Zebra, Diva, Hive, Bazille...) and Spectrasonics (Omnisphere, Keyscape...) already have this feature, and also other synths by AAS (UltraAnalog) , Rob Papen (Blue, Predator, Quad etc), Native Instruments (FM8) and Xfer Records (Serum) also do this. I think it would add another dimension to the Tone 2 synths.

Or maybe they can already do this and I haven't found it yet...?

Markus Krause

• Administrator
« Reply #219 on: July 27, 2020, 05:38:24 PM »
Hello Cliff,

Icarus probably comes with the most advanced micro-tuning section currently
available on the market. Please check this out:

https://www.tone2.org/forum/index.php?topic=2807.msg13632#msg13632

Cliff

• Email
« Reply #220 on: July 30, 2020, 02:48:57 PM »
Thanks Markus; those are great features, but as far as I can see, Icarus still can't do what all those other synths I mentioned can do. If it could import .tun or .scl files, it would instantly open up a whole new world of exotic tunings, in a way that's very quick/intuitive for the user.

Markus Krause

• Administrator
« Reply #221 on: July 31, 2020, 09:17:38 AM »
Hello Cliff,

Icarus' microtuning is much more advanced and smarter than simple .tun or .scl files.
The synth is able to detect in real-time what chords you are playing and works with all key-scales.
The .tun and .scl files of the other synths only work properly with a single key-scale. They even can sound really ugly when you play in a different key-scale.
You really should explore Icarus' microtuning. It's a huge step forward. You can examine it best by initializing a new patch which only plays a sawtooth.

Markus

Cliff

• Email
« Reply #222 on: July 31, 2020, 02:19:50 PM »
OK, thanks Markus. No problem... For now I am working on some specific tunes that are derived from unique tun/scl scales, so will use other synths for those pieces. But I’ll have a closer look at Icarus’ microtuning and see what else it can do...  :)

JoaquinAce

• Joaquin Ace Facebook page:
    • Email
« Reply #223 on: August 11, 2020, 02:07:57 PM »
Could you guys add phase inversion and reverse to the Modify Wavetable in the Tools dropdown on the OSC section?  As you know inverting and/or reversing the phase makes a huge difference when using analog filters and it would be so much more convenient to have these as dropdowns from the main page without having to edit them by hand in the editor. .

I second this request :)

Markus Krause

• Administrator
« Reply #224 on: August 11, 2020, 06:08:29 PM »
I will add this