You must register to have access to the complete forum.

Author Topic: Icarus feature requests  (Read 131648 times)

MorpherX

Re: Icarus feature requests
« Reply #180 on: July 04, 2019, 03:24:53 PM »
Hi Markus,

I have a request regarding resynthesis in the Icarus 2 upgrade:

"Sample Split Mode" - with this method I have the best results in an other wavetable vsti.

Example:
 You enter for example 653 in the sample-resynth option and then the sample you drag in is divided all 653 samples until all 256 single cycle slot are filled. I a sample is shorter it stops filling at the end of the sample, if a sample is longer than 256*653 samples it stops at the last slot. The only aditional effort is that you have to know the base tune of the sample. If I remember correct 653 is C2 +20fine, but its worth that effort because of the good results.

I am shure that by implementing this feature Icarus 2 would be unbeatable the best wavetable VSTi with all the other improvement coming with it.

Alex_Longard

• Email
« Reply #181 on: July 04, 2019, 05:01:36 PM »
Hello Markus,
add please more automation params with normal names with vst functions
getParameterLabel()
getParameterDisplay()

In previous Icarus versions this params send numbers (0 - 100) to host if select menu item or arpegiator element...

More tooltips for wavetable and waveform editor, and if possible export/import waveforms as text format...
Thanks in advance!

Junior S

« Reply #182 on: July 04, 2019, 08:53:01 PM »
 - Increase the capacity of modulation matrix (perhaps from the current 18 slots to 32 or 36 slots if possible or something). I already know there is a lot of features coming for Icarus2 and is nice to have a big capacity of slots at hands, even when of course is even difficult to imagine to use more than even 30, 25 or something like that, if there will be additional knobs assignments or macros for different parameters affecting the patch in different ways with different functions would be useful for presets creations.

- Upsampling/oversampling for real time and rendering option. I really don't know if Icarus would benefits with some Upsample options like other synths and I think that is already working in high quality mode?, according to what I know (and is not that I know that much) aliasing is in all synths at less in lesser or bigger measures and the additional processing while sound designing could accentuate that; and at least in some synths I have tested with some hard FM and more, and complex waveform (Sytrus, MSoundFactory...), the Upsampling/oversampling option almost always improved the sound and the additional noises and distortion of the FM process were less. So correct me if I'm wrong, if Icarus as the others would benefit with an additional Upsampling option would be nice.

- The "Phase" knob in the STEP LFO doesn't move the position of the custom waveform used. I don't know why :) . but since you are already working in Icarus2 I know many things will be more versatile, capable and improved in all ways.

- Duplicate or increase the capacity/number and possibilities of everything in Icarus (more modulation, envelopes, lfos, fx slots, oscillators [well already requested before :) ] ext...). If or when this have place maybe a optional add "+" button would be useful for each section, so in that way even people that don't like tabs might feel comfortable with Icarus knowing the additional capabilities are at the end optional.

Best regards and best wishes for Icarus. :)

Rob R

« Reply #183 on: July 21, 2019, 04:52:46 PM »
I'm not one to usually ask for more modulation sources, however given that the lfo's are often used for setting the speed of moving through the waveform for playing back a resynthesized sample, some more lfo's would be useful.

Markus Krause

• Tone2.com audiosoftware
  • Administrator
« Reply #184 on: July 22, 2019, 11:56:22 AM »
Icarus 2 will have more mod sources. I already implemented MSEGs like in Serum

Rob R

« Reply #185 on: July 24, 2019, 10:22:38 AM »
Icarus 2 will have more mod sources. I already implemented MSEGs like in Serum
Sounds like V2 is coming along very quickly! Making good time!

davew1

« Reply #186 on: August 08, 2019, 10:06:02 AM »
I'm still loving Icarus!
I'd love to be able to audition wavetables--both included wavetables, as well as added folders of wavetables, if possible--simply by using the mousewheel. I already enjoy this feature for scrolling through stereo modes, morph modes, and filter types so I can quickly and easily compare them. Thanks for considering this!

Markus Krause

• Administrator
« Reply #187 on: August 09, 2019, 09:44:40 AM »
Hello Dave,

We had this feature implemented in an earlier version of Icarus. However we noticed that computers with slower harddiscs can not handle it properly. It results in CPU overload and audio dropouts. I will check out if i find a solution for it.
You can quickly switch through the wavetables with the arrows on the left side of the wavetable display.

Best Regards,
Markus

davew1

« Reply #188 on: August 09, 2019, 09:15:39 PM »
You can quickly switch through the wavetables with the arrows on the left side of the wavetable display.
Ah, I failed to notice that the waveform display also has the little scroll arrows on the side. That actually helps a lot!

davew1

« Reply #189 on: August 20, 2019, 07:53:58 AM »
I was excited to see the Icarus 2 GUI preview on Facebook! If the new MSEGs have Y-axis grid snap options (this can allow for jumping around in rhythmic/beat-synced samples in musically interesting ways, and also semitone/pitch alignment), and ability to save presets, that would be even cooler. Especially alongside the X-axis grid snap and loop functions that are clear in the preview.

Markus Krause

• Administrator
« Reply #190 on: August 20, 2019, 10:06:38 AM »
Saving presets will be possible. It is still missing on the preview image.
By pressing the alt-key you will be able to snap to the Y-Axis.

davew1

« Reply #191 on: August 21, 2019, 12:17:59 AM »
Saving presets will be possible. It is still missing on the preview image.
By pressing the alt-key you will be able to snap to the Y-Axis.
Awesome, thanks! Both features will be useful.

flexionmusic

Free running LFO's that are really free running
« Reply #192 on: August 21, 2019, 04:58:43 PM »
In my patches I often need ultra slow running LFO's and the only ones that can do that are the so called "Free running Lfo's".

But... They are not really free running. Because you can only set fixed values, (1/32, 1/64) that are dividers, they are actually synced to each other.

Will version 2 fix this? Or let the normal LFO's be set at rate's lower than 0.02 Hz?

Much appreciated!
Windows 8.1 / Cubase  10 / Wavelab 9

Markus Krause

• Administrator
« Reply #193 on: August 22, 2019, 05:50:23 PM »
Hello,

this is already possible with the current version. Go to 'SETUP' and select 'Arp/Lfo free'. Then click the 'TRIG' button on the lfo.

Best regards,
Markus

Rob R

« Reply #194 on: August 22, 2019, 06:36:23 PM »
I posted this in the Icarus 2 thread but then realized I should have put it here:

Here's a weird little silly request about the up/down arrows for presets, banks, waveforms etc. I feel like those would be more comfortable if they were side by side as left/right arrows. I don't why but it just feels more natural, perhaps because more synths do it that way and I'm used to it.