You must register to have access to the complete forum.

Author Topic: Icarus feature requests  (Read 131615 times)

Markus Krause

• Tone2.com audiosoftware
  • Administrator
Re: Icarus feature requests
« Reply #165 on: February 25, 2019, 06:01:26 PM »
Feature request received by email:

** ab einem bestimmten Zoom-Level sieht man keine Nummerierung mehr, die
wäre manchmal ganz nett, vielleicht könnte man die Nummer der Wavetable
irgendwo im Editorfenster mit einblenden

* Shortcut für "alle Markieren"

* Shortcut für "Auswahl umkehren"

Markus Krause

• Administrator
« Reply #166 on: February 26, 2019, 01:03:03 PM »
An additional scrollbar for the partials of the waveform if they are zoomed in.

Markus Krause

• Administrator
« Reply #167 on: March 04, 2019, 08:34:28 AM »
Requested by tatsyn:

The new distortion\waveshaping modes of Electra 2.7 are really nice! i'm using them on the presets adjustments and sound particularly good on basses so far..
Personally Sin/Tri/Zap and another one really glue and give punch to basses without applying distortion when used on low levels, Love it.
i'm sure the other waveshaping modes will be used too.

It  would be wonderfull if they were added to Icarus too (or other Tone2 synths), i think you already have that on the list ;)

Junior S

« Reply #168 on: March 08, 2019, 06:30:20 AM »
- Macros knobs. It would be quite handy, sometimes I want to assign different parameters for different functions in additional Macros but the only way it seems possible and knob available is only with the MODWEEL.

Best regards and best wishes for Icarus my favorite synth.  :)

Markus Krause

• Administrator
« Reply #169 on: March 08, 2019, 09:00:44 AM »
Hello JuniorS,

i have noted your request.

--------

Some patches also use the pitchwheel as a additional marco knob.

Top set it up:

- Go to SETUP and set Pitchwheel off
- Now click on the PITCHWHEEL text below the pitchwheel knob, hold your mouse button down and drop it to a traget like the cutoff knob

Best Regards,
Markus

Junior S

« Reply #170 on: March 08, 2019, 10:33:09 AM »
Nice it works, thanks :)

Rob R

« Reply #171 on: April 05, 2019, 07:50:25 PM »
I don't own Icarus (yet), but MPE support would certainly push me over the edge. Any plans for MPE support in tone 2 synths? It would be very cool to use with Roli products or a linnstrument.

Markus Krause

• Administrator
« Reply #172 on: April 06, 2019, 01:22:14 PM »
Hello Rob,

it is possible from the technical side.
So far only one other user has requested this. We will support it in the future if more users request it.

Best Regards,
Markus

Rob R

« Reply #173 on: April 07, 2019, 09:11:21 PM »
Hello Rob,

So far only one other user has requested this. We will support it in the future if more users request it.

Best Regards,
Markus

That's great to hear that you are open to it! I think MPE is just beginning to catch on and it's still the early days, so it is still a great feature that sets some synths apart. Also, it opens up a nice market to new customers, since both Roli and Roger Linn have sections on their website dedicated to soft synths that support MPE, with short guides on how to set them up. Those lists aren't too long yet so it's a nice advertisement for synths that support MPE. And with huge number of modulation destinations and ways to morph sounds in Icarus, it would be a really great and expressive instrument to use with MPE hardware. I've just been demoing recently and am pretty blown away by the capabilities, especially the resynthesis.

And and if I had one little request, it would be to make the waveform selection exposed to the host, like the unison modes and morph mode menus are. It's fun to assign those to a knob and scroll through to get different tones. MY only wish would be to have fm between oscs available at teh same time as the wavetable morphing rather than instead of, but I know that might not be realistic to ask for, no biggie.

Cheers

Donald W Avera

• Email
« Reply #174 on: April 08, 2019, 08:03:24 PM »
Hello Rob,

Best Regards,
Markus

That's great to hear that you are open to it! I think MPE is just beginning to catch on and it's still the early days, so it is still a great feature that sets some synths apart. Also, it opens up a nice market to new customers, since both Roli and Roger Linn have sections on their website dedicated to soft synths that support MPE, with short guides on how to set them up. Those lists aren't too long yet so it's a nice advertisement for synths that support MPE. And with huge number of modulation destinations and ways to morph sounds in Icarus, it would be a really great and expressive instrument to use with MPE hardware. I've just been demoing recently and am pretty blown away by the capabilities, especially the resynthesis.

And and if I had one little request, it would be to make the waveform selection exposed to the host, like the unison modes and morph mode menus are. It's fun to assign those to a knob and scroll through to get different tones. MY only wish would be to have fm between oscs available at teh same time as the wavetable morphing rather than instead of, but I know that might not be realistic to ask for, no biggie.

Cheers

Hi!  I just want to put in a feature request for MPE compatibility for all of the Tone2 synths.  I bought a Linnstrument 2 months ago, and I think that MPE would be a great thing overall

Rob R

« Reply #175 on: April 09, 2019, 08:26:05 PM »
This might seem silly, but having the resonance on the left and cutoff on the right would always mess me up because I'm so used to those being the other way around in every other synth I've ever used. So I'd recommend switching those around just to be less confusing. Not that you always have to go with the usual way of doing things, but in this case I don't think there is any benefit to being different, it just causes confusion. I've come across others saying the same thing online, like this guys video getting to know it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuzN4pB0r44

exmatproton

• Ae
    • exm BC
    • Email
« Reply #176 on: April 22, 2019, 10:33:58 AM »
This might seem silly, but having the resonance on the left and cutoff on the right would always mess me up because I'm so used to those being the other way around in every other synth I've ever used. So I'd recommend switching those around just to be less confusing. Not that you always have to go with the usual way of doing things, but in this case I don't think there is any benefit to being different, it just causes confusion. I've come across others saying the same thing online, like this guys video getting to know it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuzN4pB0r44

Yeah, i don't get this as well. This is really the only synth with the res on the left, so weird
Warlock_Icarus_Gladiator2/3_RayBlaster2_Nemesis_Saurus2_Electra2(x)_BiFilter2_Filterbank3_Warmverb

-exm-

Marcelo

• Email
« Reply #177 on: May 24, 2019, 12:54:04 PM »
Is it possible to implement a feedback control button in the comb filter algorithm of Icarus? Some other synths in the marketplace, such as Synthmaster and Zebra2, have this control and they provide very interesting tweaking possibilities.

Best regards,

Marcelo Campos

Markus Krause

• Administrator
« Reply #178 on: May 27, 2019, 11:12:10 AM »
Hello Marcelo,

the reso knob controls the amount of feedback in the comb filters.

To get a more aggressive feedback with comb filters you can use the 'Phys' filter types (physical modeling). Here the reso knob also controls the amount of feedback.

Best Regards,
Markus

Markus Krause

• Administrator
« Reply #179 on: June 25, 2019, 09:18:40 AM »
Requested by email:

-    Welches Preset im Browser gerade angewählt ist, kann man durch das etwas zu blasse Hintergrundgrau schwer erkennen.

-    Es wäre schön, wenn man zu den (selbsterstellten) Presets Notizen (Spielanweisungen) im INFO-Bereich des Browsers schreiben/speichern könnte.

-    Rechtsklick auf Preset öffnet Finder-/Explorerspeicherpfad.