You must register to have access to the complete forum.

Author Topic: Icarus feature requests  (Read 131687 times)

Junior S

Re: Icarus feature requests
« Reply #150 on: October 15, 2018, 11:56:12 AM »
Nice, I can understand and thanks for the good advice.

for the 32-bit issue I can understand some people still use it, but sometimes is time for upgrade, I by myself wouldn't like to have a cpu monster synth devouring the ram and cpu, but at the same time I don't like the word "limitation" haha.

Thanks Markus  :)

Junior S

« Reply #151 on: October 19, 2018, 07:36:15 AM »
Here I have more features request, I don't want to ask always but Icarus is my favorite synth and so here my second list of features request:

- do FM, AM and waveshape from any oscillator to any oscillator (like from 1 to 3 or 2 to 3), I realized I can't do that, the option isn't there, is only possible from 2 to 1 or 3 to 1, would be handy since this awesome feature (FM) has been added in the most recent updates for Icarus.

- the Lock option for the eq, limiter and effects function (and maybe other parts if it is possible) when changing presets or even starting from start init. This one is more for control with the volume issues and frequencies that can be really hard to the ears, particularly when samples are imported and some of them can bring unusual noisy frequencies, it happens sometimes when creating our own sounds and working in different presets, and considering that I like the hard tones of the additive synthesis this was a particular reason, also for the convenience to use the order of effects (locking as templates) and passing through other sounds/presets we are working with, it opens a lot of possibilities and ideas. I have seen this particular function in some synths and effects and really boost a lot the creativity and accelerate the workflow creating our own multiple sounds.

- use Icarus as an effect. I really would love to be able to use Icarus as an effect in the different mixers and combining all its different effects. many synths are doing it and is quite useful (exp serum, synapse the legend, synthmaster, zebra and more) if Icarus does this It woud be my default multi effect, I love it...

In addition, be able to use Icarus filters as effects too (I don't know if can be possible but would be super great, because of the wide range of possibilities, many different modes and versatility of Icarus filters, clearly unbeatable in that regard).

- a visual digital option for the main EQ. well there are visual filters, visual envelopes, visual lfos, would be nice to have visual eq and control the different bands clicking and change the envelopes if possible, or at least change the modes from knobs to visual EQ .

And this is it, at least for now, if there is some technical reason for this to work or not would be interesting to know, wish the best for this synth...

best regards  :)
« Last Edit: October 19, 2018, 10:05:11 PM by Junior S »

Junior S

« Reply #152 on: November 13, 2018, 05:32:21 PM »
Hi Markus, I'm the same person that sended you the bug about Mark Holt wavetables collection, I already contacted him and he is trying to find the incompatibility issues.

However I just discovered that Icarus can read all the 2048 wav samples wavetables without problem, I created all the subfolders in Icarus wavetables as already was advised, but every time I try to put more than 2,000 wavetables Icarus start giving bugs (the presets dissappear, random numbers appears and when I want to use the wavetables says: error: the file could not be loaded. so I only can put like a third of the entire collection every time (around 1,850 wavetables) and remove and put the other third if I want to use it; it seems that Icarus can't handle more wavetables.

I don't know what it is but my feature request is bigger capacity for more wavetables in Icarus.

Best regards and best wishes for Icarus :)
« Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 07:54:28 PM by Junior S »

Markus Krause

• Tone2.com audiosoftware
  • Administrator
« Reply #153 on: November 14, 2018, 09:12:13 AM »
Hello,

i checked it out. The synth can handle a maximum of 2048 wavetables. So far noone except you has reached this limit and asked for a larger number. I can extend it to 4096 in th next update.
Please keep in mind that it comes at the cost of additional RAM necessary for every instance.

Markus

Junior S

« Reply #154 on: November 14, 2018, 02:08:40 PM »
Ok Thanks for response Markus, I guess I was more literal than what I thought then when I said don't like the word "limitation" haha.

And thanks for extend the capacity plan, and if you can, increase the capacity more than that and as much as being possible (maybe even put a tip or warning about the ram consequence because of the expansion of wavetables if it is necessary. [after all our pc are evolving and has no problem with that]), by far Icarus has good performance in my barely capable laptop dell. Perhaps the only bug I notice was in FL studio when I detach the synth with the wavetable editor and trying to enter again to the wavetable editor it crashes the program.

Thanks after all, best regards!.  :)
« Last Edit: November 25, 2018, 01:26:50 AM by Junior S »

Junior S

« Reply #155 on: November 25, 2018, 01:29:37 AM »
- Convolution Reverberation effect and capability to load different IR (Impulse Response) files in the effect (Wav, Flac ext.). This is one of those things that add some spice and multi realism to the sounds, a convolution reverberation effect would give the user the possibility to chose between hundreds of different spaces, places and even unreal situations, and if we think about the different IR files being it's own sort of special reverb, possibilities would be huge; being different halls, different plates, chambers, church, cabinets, rooms or digital, dozens of Outdoors and more, can be simulated.

I like all stock reverb option on the synth currently and this would be just a great customizable and versatile option between reverb spaces and bigger possibilities, I was using just my convolver effect in the mix and I thought that definitely this effect option would be a great addition if possible in Icarus stock effects.

As always, best wishes for Icarus and best regards.  :)

Junior S

« Reply #156 on: December 06, 2018, 12:38:09 AM »
- More dynamic control for the different Oscillators/Voices in Play Mode Menu (Hypersaws, stereo Hypersaws, unisons, flanges and the others). Sometimes creating presets this is a desirable feature that come to my mind every time that I start editing the oscillators shape and character, it would be nice to be able to reduce or increase the different voices volume/gains, now is only possible to detune the voices/oscillators, the different modes function gives nice results and sometimes would be nice to define the gains/volume of the different voices playing in the different modes.

Best regards.  :)

abject39

« Reply #157 on: December 31, 2018, 01:42:25 AM »
Really this request belongs to all products but I will write it here. There needs to be a menu option added, maybe under "File" with different scales for the plugins. Right now no Tone2 plugin scales based off DPI on Windows 10 when using a HiDPI DAW (Cubase and FL Studio). In standalone they scale but they are of course blurry because they are just stretching the same picture files.

exmatproton

• Ae
    • exm BC
    • Email
« Reply #158 on: January 01, 2019, 03:26:25 PM »
Really this request belongs to all products but I will write it here. There needs to be a menu option added, maybe under "File" with different scales for the plugins. Right now no Tone2 plugin scales based off DPI on Windows 10 when using a HiDPI DAW (Cubase and FL Studio). In standalone they scale but they are of course blurry because they are just stretching the same picture files.
Yeah.. That really is my only gripe with all (but G3) tone2 plugins. The UI's are too small.
They should have 3 options at least; 100, 125 and 150 % (maybe a fourth, 200% for 4K screens)
Warlock_Icarus_Gladiator2/3_RayBlaster2_Nemesis_Saurus2_Electra2(x)_BiFilter2_Filterbank3_Warmverb

-exm-

Markus Krause

• Administrator
« Reply #159 on: January 02, 2019, 09:16:10 AM »
We have plans to offer larger GUIs for our synths. But it's no easy job to do at all, since it requires a complete rewriting of the GUI code.
Supported sizes will be 100%, 150% and maybe 200%.

zvenx

« Reply #160 on: January 02, 2019, 02:06:09 PM »
We have plans to offer larger GUIs for our synths. But it's no easy job to do at all, since it requires a complete rewriting of the GUI code.

Thanks.
If at all possible 125% and 175% would be appreciated.
typically on a few other synths 100% is too small and 150% too big on my screens.
thanks
rsp
-------------
richard sven
sound sculptist

tatsyn

« Reply #161 on: January 30, 2019, 11:38:57 PM »
a few desired requests for future updates

1 - MSEG's or if not possible extra Step LFO's
2 - Allow LFO shape to be modulated
3 - [Enhanced Random] LFO shapes

exmatproton

• Ae
    • exm BC
    • Email
« Reply #162 on: February 01, 2019, 10:59:41 AM »

Really good to read that!
Warlock_Icarus_Gladiator2/3_RayBlaster2_Nemesis_Saurus2_Electra2(x)_BiFilter2_Filterbank3_Warmverb

-exm-

abject39

« Reply #163 on: February 21, 2019, 01:31:39 AM »
Another feature that would be nice to have is a keyboard on the bottom of the synth outside of the browser panel or at least the option to add it. Sometimes it is easier to just click a key to play when sound designing.

abject39

« Reply #164 on: February 21, 2019, 01:34:14 AM »
Ohhh and one more thing. How about a "sync<-OSC 3" to hard sync oscillators to each other. That would be awesome!