You must register to have access to the complete forum.

Author Topic: Icarus feature requests  (Read 132975 times)

Dumbo

Re: Icarus feature requests
« Reply #90 on: December 28, 2016, 12:12:49 AM »
Hello Markus,

this happened with a fresh update install I did just three days ago. But since I read all the stuff about proper installation: I couldn't find information about updating versions. Is it recommended in general to do an uninstall first, or is an installation over existing versions ok?

Best regards  :)

Dumbo

Markus Krause

• Tone2.com audiosoftware
  • Administrator
« Reply #91 on: December 28, 2016, 09:55:35 AM »
Hello Dumbo,

i created a patch for you which should solve the issue:

https://www.tone2.org/forum/index.php?topic=2452.0

Best Regards,
Markus
« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 10:37:08 AM by Markus Krause »

Dumbo

« Reply #92 on: December 28, 2016, 03:17:44 PM »
Hello Markus,

the patch solved the problem, thank you for the very fast response!

Best Regards

Dumbo

Felingen

« Reply #93 on: January 11, 2017, 09:39:34 AM »
Don't have the patience to read through all seven pages of suggestions, so sorry if it's been mentioned already.

When working with the filters in serial mode, I'd like to have better control of where and how much of each oscillator you send to the filters. For example: I'd want to send osc 1+2 through both filters in serial, but osc 3 only to filter 2. Could be very useful for complex sound design. I like how you in Electra2 have much more control over the osc to filter mix and the individual filter outputs and something closer to this would be really nice to see in Icarus!

Cheers

davew1

« Reply #94 on: February 21, 2017, 07:47:59 AM »
I've been having a lot of fun with Icarus' arpeggiator. An option to assign the starting slot would make it even more flexible. It would be fun to experiment with aligning the same arpeggiator pattern with the beat in different ways. Thanks for your consideration!

Markus Krause

• Administrator
« Reply #95 on: February 21, 2017, 10:17:53 AM »
Hello,

this is an interesting idea.

A common way to achieve a similar effect is to set Loop to 5, 6,7, 10, 12 or 14. As a result the Arp starts whith a different slot each time that it has looped.

davew1

« Reply #96 on: February 24, 2017, 03:11:33 AM »
That's another interesting option to play with more. Thanks for the suggestion!

vanhaze

• Email
« Reply #97 on: April 30, 2017, 11:00:12 AM »
Hi to all,

I am really loving the vocoder in Icarus, it really is amazing !
One FR for it would be the ability to drag and drop a audiosample from a DAW's media browser onto Icarus,
so that sample can be vocoded right away.
Currently, when going into vocode mode, you get a window where you have to choose an audiosample.
This is cumbersome workflow, especially if you want an audio sample which is used in DAW to be vocoded.

Or is this maybe already possible ?

Warm Regards.

Markus Krause

• Administrator
« Reply #98 on: May 11, 2017, 01:20:59 PM »
Hello Vanhaze,

drag & drop is for resynthesis is already supported:

1) Open the explorer of your operating system
2) drag a wav on the waveform display of Icarus

The vocoder is not used as often as the resynthesis. That's why Icarus will 'resynthesize' the wav and not 'vocode' it.

I will examine if it is possible to use drag&drop for the vocoder button.

Nudgeo

• Email
« Reply #99 on: July 07, 2017, 06:33:58 AM »
any chance we can get a duel page arp feature :angel: ? i have some ideas/dreams of patches but with only one arp feature that controls all pages maybe we can get a feature like electrax/2 where we have an option for each page/osc having its own arp? i am a big fan of icarus and would love to have this option available , even if it was 2 arps instead of 3 i would be happy.

Markus Krause

• Administrator
« Reply #100 on: July 07, 2017, 08:07:59 AM »
I've been thinking about the uption to have one additonal simple arp as an OSC mode. Still got to check out if it is possible from the technical side.

Nudgeo

• Email
« Reply #101 on: July 09, 2017, 01:52:29 AM »
awesome i hope it is possible

Soarer

• Email
« Reply #102 on: July 10, 2017, 09:45:45 AM »
Hi New user here and I absolutely love Icarus!
I know this is quite a list but I have checked everything carefully and they are all relevant I believe. I think these will vastly improve Icarus.

ICARUS Suggestions:

1. Save preset in Browser (No “Save patch as” dialog)

2. The Save patch as dialog really should remember the user folder AND display the present preset name instead of just “Untitled”. Often you want to save a different or improved version of your patch with nearly the same name but at the moment you have to write the same name again. (I have made my user folder in the Icarus_sounds folder).

3. Sometimes the .fxp file extension is lost and the preset doesn’t show up in the preset browser until one adds the extension again.,

4. It would be great if one could browse Wavetable libraries in the browser or a sidepane. I did find that I can drag and drop from Live’s browser which is great but still. If there was a proper audible preview which would scan through a WT at a set speed like in the WT Editor, that would be even more helpful.

5. Please let double-clicking reset a parameter to default. It is much faster and more intuitive and this is the way in so many VST instruments and effects. Double-clicking is not used for anything so at least let it be an option. My left hand is always on the keyboard/Push so it interrupts the creative process if i have to use it to press the CMD key (to reset to default).

6. Undo/Redo buttons.

7. Compare Button (Compare with saved preset setting) would be very handy. If not then being able to copy the current settings is helpful for further experimentation without having to save a new preset.

8. Being able to edit the Step modulator (maybe in an advanced view/window) would be very helpful. I think the step “line” start and end does not have to be connected when “shape” is set to 100 (if you raise the end node the start line follows). It becomes problematic when using it to modulate Wave since you get a fast shift in the end.

9. There seems to be no way to control the Arp with key velocity. “Velocity to volume” should still control the overall volume while maintaining the relative individual Arp steps set velocity/volume. Omnisphere and Hive has this relative/dynamic velocity.

10. What is the difference between "Retrig" and "Advanced" mode in the envelopes? As far as I can see the manual says nothing about this.

11. Icarus has phenomenal stereo width modes but it doesn’t seem to be possible to have medium width.
A width parameter or effect would be great.

12. Multiple/unlimited Undo/Redo in Spectrum Editor.

13. Support for using AIFF files for resynthesis. I make my own samples and have almost only AIFF files since I’m on Mac and I want to be able to use those as sound sources.

14. Mouse Wheel (adjusting a knob) is reversed (On Mac) and it makes it pretty confusing to use. It is also very sensitive making it hard to make smaller adjustments.

15. I find it odd that the Mouse wheel switches presets in the browser and it causes accidental switching of presets. The arrow keys do nothing - they should switch presets.

16. I’d prefer that Cutoff was placed before Resonance which is the usual way in other synths.
Since it’s placed like this I often turn resonance when I want to adjust the filters cutoff.

17. When another plugin is in focus and then clicking to adjust a parameter in Icarus nothing happens. One has to click to bring the Icarus GUI in focus first and then adjust. With any other plugin I use it is possible to adjust in one click when switching from another plugin.

18. I think the “SHOP” Tab is pretty intrusive and unnecessary so I’d much prefer it to be placed into a menu - like the HELP menu.

19. Please add lots of new wavetables!

This is an incredible synth and it is now my favorite synth so please continue to improve Icarus!

Best
Soarer

Soarer

• Email
« Reply #103 on: August 18, 2017, 10:44:46 AM »
Here's a few more:

There’s no real scrolling in the browser so not all patches are visible. If you scroll down past the visible area the patches are actually not displayed.

Wavetable Editor:
It would be very helpful if it was possible to play either of the two keyboards in the Editor with you midi keyboard so that you can trigger exactly the wave that you are working with and listen to the changes just using your keyboard instead of having to click one of those keyboards with the mouse.

I would like to be able to import an audio file so that it sounds closer to the original when played back and not sounding resynthesized or vocoded. If you import an audiofile as a WT it will sound closer to the original but it’s full of clicks and sounds damaged.

High Pass filter/low dampening in all reverbs.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 05:28:53 PM by Soarer »

Felix

• Email
« Reply #104 on: August 21, 2017, 05:45:32 PM »
Hey, new forum member here. I just have a few requests/questions about the 1.2 update.

#1: Will 1.2 include an FM Square 2x mode? I recently got Nemesis and I've fallen in love with the hollow sound Fming by a square an octave up gives. Being able to do that to a wavetable would be preettty huge for me.

#2: Would it be possible to have some stereo unison modes that have an odd number of voices? I tend to prefer to have a voice panned in the middle of the stereo field when I do super wide unison sounds and as it stands I need to use another oscillator just to do that.

#3: This is kind of silly but I have a very forward cat who loves to jump right on my keyboard when I'm working and because arrow keys switch patches in Icarus I've lost several WIP patches and wavetables to her doing that. Is it possible to put a setting somewhere that would turn off this feature?

Thanks so much for just making Icarus and listening to what we want in it anyway, it's a stellar synth and I look forward to hearing about the new synthesis modes the update will bring!
-Felix