You must register to have access to the complete forum.

Author Topic: Icarus feature requests  (Read 131672 times)

Markus Krause

• Tone2.com audiosoftware
  • Administrator
Icarus feature requests
« on: June 14, 2016, 12:12:23 PM »
This is the right place to post feature requests for Icarus.
We will and evaluate every single request. Some of the requests will be implemented in free updates. Please keep in mind that there are also techncial restrictions and we can not fullfill everyone's needs.

Markus
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 12:13:59 PM by Markus Krause »

Markus Krause

• Administrator
Re: Icarus feature requests
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2016, 12:15:33 PM »
Feature requests (received by email):

- check marks by which patch I’m ON, while looking at the patch browser list.

- Knobs which are modulated show an Icon as reference.
"By modulation indicator I think he refers to the indication on each parameter that shows the parameters´ current value when offset by the various LFOs and ENVs. This is indeed a nice feature for beginners, but not essential, it's more like a polish feature.
It can also help give you a better overview on complex patches. The filter curves and effects values already update in real-time, so I guess you would have some of the code there already?
Simply what it does is showing the current actual value of a parameter (by taking modulation into consideration).
Visually the knob stays in position, but a small dot or "ghost" line is added to show the actual value."

Change request:

- Modwheel in Patch browser should behave like modwheel in main GUI

Markus Krause

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2016, 12:39:27 PM »
requested by kokette:

A wish list:

-in the Wavetable editor :

a select all frame
a Osc1/2/3 switch
an option to follow the WT frame during play &/or add the Osc wave knob
a value indicator for : mix/filter....

-OSC/filter
-the ability to have an osc in direct out mode
( if the osc is not engage in the filter section, this osc is not route to the fx section directly in the master-great
 for clean sub)
(we can do it if one osc in pan on the right and in the fx routing(left FX1+Rightfx2)fx3 but it utilise one fx slot
 and one filter for nothing)

-in the Osc tool menu the possibility to render the master output in WT- (Apply output to WT)

-in the FX tool menu : a copy current fx to 1/2 or 3 Or a swap tool(swap 1 to 2 ...)

-in the fx a multi band compressor could be usefull for compress before a reverb( the Limiter is after the reverb)
(we can approximate  that with 2 multiband-distortion in serie with the drive at 0 but it take 2 fx slots)

-a play option  in the Resynthesis / load Wt / vocoder search browser could be usefull

-in all Tone2 synth, we can find some pre-define-ready to use modulation-,eg, filter mod by Lfo3,wave by Lfo1...
it could be usefull to click on the mod name and have the choice beetwen mod(lfo1/2/3..)

-the Master Volume knob is before the Limiter(why not,it's usefull sometimes!)a output gain in the limiter could be great

dthree

• Email
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2016, 11:14:42 PM »
Mostly copied from my post in beta thread:

- Control over unison stereo spread
- OSC semitone adjustment
- Display modulation visually around knobs (like Sugarbytes Factory / Serum). Provide enable/disable in settings.
- FX on/off switch would be better per selected FX (as per filter/OSC)

Tweaks to GUI
- Would be more intuitive to have banks above presets.
- Might look better if the knobs were rendered from straight down perspective.
- LEDs could be better.

Cheers

exmatproton

• Ae
    • exm BC
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2016, 08:07:42 PM »
It seems there is no way 'wavetables time N' can be shown on 1 screen:
When N is above a certain number of wavetables in the list (luckily, i use 2 displays):

« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 10:17:57 PM by exmatproton »
Warlock_Icarus_Gladiator2/3_RayBlaster2_Nemesis_Saurus2_Electra2(x)_BiFilter2_Filterbank3_Warmverb

-exm-

Markus Krause

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2016, 11:02:05 AM »
 :D
You really got MANY wavetables installed. Looks like it requires some sorting.

Tip: I can't see from the screenshot what your wave files contain. But in general you should put single  cycle waveforms to Icarus_waves and wavetables (2048 samples * number of waveforms) to Icarus_wavetables.
You can do this quickly if you use the file manager and got to Icarus_wavetables. Then select all files which are smaller than 4 kilobytes and move them to Icarus_waves.

Tip: You can also use drag & drop to load a waveform or wavetable.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 11:17:14 AM by Markus Krause »

Examigan

• Some of my Music
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2016, 12:05:11 PM »
I was wondering why (without reading every post on here, as I haven't been around in a long while) the cutoff and resonance are not in their usual order? Was their a special reason? I don't think I have ever seen it setup that way. Not a huge deal, but it is out of the ordinary.  ;)

Markus Krause

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2016, 01:11:31 PM »
If you take a look at the GUI you can see that the Parameters Env, Key, Vel and LFO3 are connected to the cutoff. The drive knob is connected to the distortion type parameter. This makes it necessary to place the reso knob left to the cutoff control.

Examigan

• Some of my Music
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2016, 01:26:02 PM »
If you take a look at the GUI you can see that the Parameters Env, Key, Vel and LFO3 are connected to the cutoff. The drive knob is connected to the distortion type parameter. This makes it necessary to place the reso knob left to the cutoff control.

Got it, thanks  :)

exmatproton

• Ae
    • exm BC
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2016, 03:49:20 PM »
:D
You really got MANY wavetables installed. Looks like it requires some sorting.

Tip: I can't see from the screenshot what your wave files contain. But in general you should put single  cycle waveforms to Icarus_waves and wavetables (2048 samples * number of waveforms) to Icarus_wavetables.
You can do this quickly if you use the file manager and got to Icarus_wavetables. Then select all files which are smaller than 4 kilobytes and move them to Icarus_waves.

Tip: You can also use drag & drop to load a waveform or wavetable.

I know of all the possible workarounds. But this is just a manager that isn't able to display the amount right. So it should be fixed. 98% of the loaded waves are indeed wavetables (i know, there are many of them..hehehe) and using the folder is the quickest way to open them from 1 interface.
Warlock_Icarus_Gladiator2/3_RayBlaster2_Nemesis_Saurus2_Electra2(x)_BiFilter2_Filterbank3_Warmverb

-exm-

Mark Mosher

• Mark Mosher Music
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2016, 04:37:46 AM »
I was a bit confused when first using Icarus because the selected tab seems to be the off tab while the other tabs in a control seem lit. I think this would be less confusing if you inverted the scheme so the active tab was lit.

Case in point in this screenshot, I'm working with Filter 1 but it looks off and 2 looks on. So perhaps make the tab down but the number lit for the active tab. Or have the tab be up AND the number lit and all other numbers are dim.

Mark Mosher

• Mark Mosher Music
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2016, 04:45:19 AM »
I almost missed the mod matrix target for the Step LFO Speed- then I found it way at the end of the list. Perhaps you could group all the LFO targets together.

exmatproton

• Ae
    • exm BC
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2016, 07:16:13 PM »
I really miss a coarse (pitch) knob at the OSC's. I know i can use matrix slots for that, but it seems only logical to have those at the OSC sections, and not have to use up matrix slots for coarse pitching.

Maybe something to add?

-exm-

exmatproton

• Ae
    • exm BC
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2016, 11:08:59 PM »
Another thing: I would love to see filter panning. So a pan knob per filter.

-exm-

exmatproton

• Ae
    • exm BC
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2016, 11:35:37 AM »
Another thing: i would like to have auto tab selection disabled. I had multiple situations where i was editing the wrong lfo/osc due to this auto tabbing.

-exm-