General Category > Nemesis

Nemesis feature requests

(1/6) > >>

Markus Krause:
You can request features for Nemesis withing this thread.

We read and discuss every single request. Some requests will be included in future updates. Please note that there many different people with many different needs and there are technical restrictions.

sagantech:
I find nemesis to be a great synth. Very easy to get good sounds out of it. My one gripe is the focus stealing. Imagine if every window jumped to the front when the mouse simply passed over it? Can you please implement an option for either turning it off or automatically turn it off, if the window the UI is in is not floating?

long style = GetWindowLong(hw, GWL_STYLE);   
      floating = (style & WS_POPUP)

Markus Krause:
Hi Jeremy,

I sent you a PM with the latest version. In this version focus is only stolen if a the user clicks on a knob within the GUI. Make sure that you're using this one.

Make also sure that there is no file called 'NemesisMouse.cfg' within the plugin directory, since this forces an aggressive focus on the plugin.

Thanks for your great testing and the valueable tech info that you always provide.

Please note that having focus is essantial to make the mousewheel work within the plugin. Sadly microsoft messed up the mouswheel support years ago and did not fix it so far. So all we can do as developers is compromises and dirty tricks.
I will examine your suggestion with the floating window. We will do some additional testing to enhance compatibility with the 'Metro' host. Please note that our experience has shown that hosts behave very differently with focus. If we apply changes it's risky that we break compatibility in other hosts while the situation in Metro would improve.

All The Best,
Markus

sagantech:
Hello Markus,

Thank you for implementing my suggestion so quickly and the kind words. Much appreciated.

As I mentioned in another thread, I totally agree that mousewheel focus should be assigned to the hovering window and not the keyboard focused window and in this case Apple does it right and Microsoft does it wrong. However I should note that Microsoft seems to be moving toward agreement to this decision as well... as seen in Visual Studio 2012.

As for my suggestion, and although I haven't tried it, stealing the focus may be good if it is done only within the floating window layer as those windows are expected to be on top.

Jeremy

sagantech:

--- Quote from: Markus Krause on January 15, 2014, 02:13:08 PM ---Please note that having focus is essantial to make the mousewheel work within the plugin.

--- End quote ---

I am a little confused here. I tried your suggestion above and it works. And as you say mousewheel support does not. I am a bit confused why this would be. Do you not receive 'WM_MOUSEWHEEL' messages in your message loop when nemesis has focus?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version