General Category > FireBird

Preset Management

(1/2) > >>

Manu El Malik (GTHC-Studios):
Hi,

can anybody explain how to give a meanigful name to the presets I creat, using FireBird+ ver. 1.11?
As the bank management is often mentioned as quite improvable, I guess I'm not the only one having this problem, but I couldn't find any hints on this here.

How do the sound designers, creating preset banks, rename the presets?  :o
Is there any third party app required?  :question:

Thanks in advance!

Bastiaan van Noord:

Hi Manuel,

Firebird uses the host's FXP/FXB management functions, so options like renaming largely depend on how much the host supports it.

One thing you could do for preset bank management (most of us designers do this) is to use MiniHost (http://www.tobybear.de/p_minihost.html) for creating / organizing bank files, easy to move/copy/rename presets with its bank manager.

I hope that helps.

-Bastiaan-

Hi Bastiaan,

thanks for the quick reply! Usually I use Ableton Live as my host, but as I can't manage the presets using it, I will download and install MiniHost. Very helpful answer!

This should do the trick...  ;)

Best regards,

Manuel

Bastiaan van Noord:

Hi Manuel,

I figured Live had some sort of preset management on-board, not a Live user though so I'm not sure how extensive it is.

Nevertheless, you'll like Minihost for it's preset management capabilities, it's very easy to manage banks/presets and save the result into a new FXB file in there.

Best,

-Bastiaan-

Yes Bastiaan,

Live has a feature to save or load banks (*.fxb) and patches (*.fxp), but you can't rename or sort the presets in a bank. So MiniHost will probably help me a lot.

Thanks,

Manuel

Upps, guess I was wrong! One can also rename presets in Live (Ctrl+R), but only if one selects the plugin itself end not the preset. I was always wondering why this isn't working. Now I know....  :angel:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version