You must register to have access to the complete forum.

Author Topic: RayBlaster feature requests  (Read 60082 times)

zvenx

Re: RayBlaster feature requests
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2012, 04:57:54 PM »
understood.. yes I do realise it was mapped.... but not in the classical/traditional sense......

well not a biggie as it isn't that hard to do so when I want to use the patch.....

btw and I couldn't find it in the glance at the manual, but i assume  2 steps are one semitone if you use it to modulate osc pitch?..and is 100% fine 1 semitone or..?
is that info all there in the manual and I missed it?
thanks
rsp
-------------
richard sven
sound sculptist

Markus Krause

• Tone2.com audiosoftware
  • Administrator
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2012, 05:16:14 PM »
in the matrix:

100 as send level equals 1 semitone when routed to fine
100 equals 12 halftones or one octave when routed to semi
100 equals 4 octaves (if i remember right) when routed to pitch

you can also route several times to the same target. This way you can get a larger range if you need this.
by pressing shift while you move the slider you can adjust more fine.

zvenx

« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2012, 05:26:09 PM »
thanks for the info.....

but I am sure you see my next feature request coming a mile away :-)
whereas for fine 100% makes sense.

for me the semi where then one semi is 100/12

and for pitch where 100/48 is one semi it may not be optimal unless you doing a lot of microtonal stuff.

so I would love if fine remains as it is.

semi goes integers up to 12, or even 24 if so inclined, with each integer representing a semitone

and for pitch integers up to 48 if you wish, with each integer a semitone.

for those using microtonal wouldn't the fine allow them to do what they want to do (don't use microtonal stuff so I may be completely missing elements of it)

rsp
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 05:36:32 PM by zvenx »
-------------
richard sven
sound sculptist

zvenx

« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2012, 07:48:23 PM »
thanks for the info.....

but I am sure you see my next feature request coming a mile away :-)
whereas for fine 100% makes sense.

for me the semi where then one semi is 100/12

and for pitch where 100/48 is one semi it may not be optimal unless you doing a lot of microtonal stuff.

so I would love if fine remains as it is.

semi goes integers up to 12, or even 24 if so inclined, with each integer representing a semitone

and for pitch integers up to 48 if you wish, with each integer a semitone.

for those using microtonal wouldn't the fine allow them to do what they want to do (don't use microtonal stuff so I may be completely missing elements of it)

rsp

I guess the problem though is these parameters are use for any modulator source and target...hmmmm

maybe a separate one like omnisphere and so many others?
rsp
-------------
richard sven
sound sculptist

himalaya

« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2012, 01:20:40 AM »
Hi Richard,
Interesting that you have noted the pitch bend wheel and its unorthodox use. I actually love that the pitch bend in Rayblaster (and Saurus) can be assigned to other parameters than the traditional pitch. It's just so useful for certain patches, especially those which do not benefit from bending the pitch via the wheel. For me it's a resourceful way of having two timbre related controllers right at my fingertips. The only better way is when I have a midi controller with two mod wheels (in addition to the pitch wheel). Like on the Yamaha SY77 or Alesis Fusion. It also helps that the soft synth in question has two dedicated mod wheels pre assigned on the UI (SS springs to mind).

I've also used the pitch wheel for other parameters (perhaps more in the Saurus patches).  :)
Spec for this beta test: Reaper 4, Core 2 Quad Q9300, 3GB RAM. RME Hammerfal 9632 balanced. Windows XP SP3.

zvenx

« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2012, 01:34:53 AM »
:-)....oh trust me, I did go thru your patches too and noted they were some NEEDING pitch bend :-), but for the most parts you at least used them in almost all your lead patches.....I sometimes even use them in pads to create and atmosphere....
but if there was a matrix AND (yes I know the argument will be made no gui real estate space) have a permanent pitch bend slider as well....that would work....the slider could be set at zero, or whatever value the user/patch creator wants them to.

rsp
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 01:40:19 AM by zvenx »
-------------
richard sven
sound sculptist

himalaya

« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2012, 01:59:58 AM »
Yeah, with sounds which benefit from pitch bends (like leads) the pitch bend wheel was assigned in the traditional fashion. For pad I mostly like going up a 5th or a 7th, but often I find having an additional timbre related parameter instead.

Re mod matrix, during beta I thought ( and have suggested a FR ) that it would be useful for users if the initialized patch had the pitch bend pre-assigned to at least +- 2 semitones.

Spec for this beta test: Reaper 4, Core 2 Quad Q9300, 3GB RAM. RME Hammerfal 9632 balanced. Windows XP SP3.

Markus Krause

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2012, 09:51:51 AM »
it would be useful for users if the initialized patch had the pitch bend pre-assigned to at least +- 2 semitones.

Request will be implemented in the next update.

HiEnergy

• HiEnergy on Soundcloud
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2012, 04:29:08 PM »
I would like to request the possibility for subfolders in the RayBlaster_waves folder for hierarchically categorizing single-cycle waves in the same way, the sounds are categorized under RayBlaster_sounds.
As I have gazillions of single-cycle waves (more that fit onto the pop-up) I wish there was a cascading pop-up.
Currently I just can't use all of them at once.

Burkuagh

« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2012, 09:05:03 PM »
I love the new Sine-Hz in the mod matrix but I find my use of them somewhat limited due to them being free lfos.  I like my songs and patches to be identical every time I play them and using free lfos, for the most part, adds an undesirable level of randomness.

I would love it if they could be set to retrigger with each note.

Markus Krause

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2012, 10:04:47 AM »
To get a retriggering sine LFO:

- Select the first waveform in the LFO section
- Set LFO phase to 'Synced 360' or which start phase you want
- Select the desired frequency with 'FREQ'

Cobi

• iamcobi.com
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2012, 08:46:40 PM »
Hi! As a first-time customer I'd like to congratulate the Tone2 guys on a great synth!

After a bit of experimenting, there are a few things that I think could be improved...

Firstly I would like to have a double-click to reset parameter function.. I've found that sometimes its a bit fiddly to simply reset the key follow knob for example. A simple double click would definitely quicken the workflow.

Secondly, another request would be that after selecting a sample/loop for resynthesis, for the preset arrows to cycle through the rest of the samples in the folder you last selected, rather than the buttons redirecting you to Rayblaster's default presets again.

Lastly, it would be nice to have some browse buttons for the wave select sections too, I made a quick muckup of what they could look like.. (don't laugh :D)

And if those buttons were implemented then it would be good for them to cycle through the waves within the last selected folder like I suggested in my second request.  :)

Markus Krause

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2012, 08:08:31 AM »
Hello Cobi,

we've already taken care of this:
- You can use the mousewheel to cycle through the wave list selectors.
- ctrl + left click resets a parameter to the default value.

Cobi

• iamcobi.com
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2012, 01:52:42 PM »
Great, thanks for the heads up Markus!

Cobi

• iamcobi.com
« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2012, 02:19:25 PM »
Scrolling through the wave list selectors with the mouse wheel doesn't seem to work when Rayblaster is dragged over to a second monitor. It starts working again when its dragged back to the main monitor though. Does anyone else have this problem?

I'm using Ableton Live 8 Suite 32bit, Win7.