You must register to have access to the complete forum.

Author Topic: RayBlaster feature requests  (Read 60141 times)

Markus Krause

• Tone2.com audiosoftware
  • Administrator
RayBlaster feature requests
« on: December 01, 2012, 04:10:19 PM »
You can request features for RayBlaster withing this thread.

We read and discuss every single request. Some requests will be included in future updates. Please note that there many different people with many different needs and there are technical restrictions.

emotica

Re: RayBlaster feature requests
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2012, 08:30:20 PM »
I reported a bug already earlier via the form and here is a little request, just by using the demo:

One thing that I don't like is, that it's not showing the names of the used files inside the oscillators if you use a preset, but the blank "Load Wave1" text. With a custom patch I do get the actual name of the file used. If you tweak a preset and change the wave to just realize how much better the original one used was, it could be handy to know the names. It would be interesting to know certain combination of wave-forms and filter types for some sounds. :)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 08:34:50 PM by emotica »

RSJ

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2012, 06:50:36 PM »
Hi
I would like to have the option to change the start for both wave 1 and wave 2. It would also be nice to have end for both wave 1 and wave 2.
In the short time I have spend with RayBlaster, then Im not sure if it can loop forward? i did only hear it loop backward, so that is also a feature I would like to have if its not already there.

silikonanswer

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2012, 07:28:55 PM »
What about some tutorial video/s? Just with the basics becuase it is not the typical substractive synth.

zvenx

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2012, 02:01:31 PM »
I always like consistency,
so how about the save favourite function that was in electraX but not in Saurus or at least in the demo of Rayblaster?

thanks
rsp
-------------
richard sven
sound sculptist

Markus Krause

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2012, 05:00:32 PM »
In the short time I have spend with RayBlaster, then Im not sure if it can loop forward?

The loop position is defined by the LFO. Use a triangle LFO for forward-backward and a negative send level of the LFO in the Matrix to reverse the playblack.
In the tutorial section and the handboock there are several basic patches which show such setups.

What about some tutorial video/s?

If there are several people who are interested in it we will create a more detailed sound design tutorial for RayBlaster.

showing the names of the used files inside the oscillators

Gladly i was smart enough to reserve some bytes in the RayBlaster patch format for such a request. :-)
Implementing could be problematic because of possible compatibility problems in various host. I could also lead to confusion from user-side, becuase all waveforms are stored within the patches.
If you can't remember which wav you used in a patch you can also use the 'export wave' function and then reload it.

Markus Krause

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2012, 05:08:27 PM »
how about the save favourite function that was in electraX

From the technical side it is no problem to implement such a feature. I will add this if there are several users who request it.

Meanwhile you can create your own 'zvenx favourites' directory by creating a directory in 'RayBlaster_sounds'.

Example:
C:\Program files\Steinberg\VstPlugins\RayBlaster_sounds\ZvenxFavourites

Then place your favourite RayBlaster fxp files within it. The directory will show up as soon as you restart the plugin.

zvenx

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2012, 05:37:49 PM »
Hi Markus,
I had done that with Saurus, but then you have to retype the name of the patch and navigate to the write folder almost everytime. I soon gave up that approach.

rsp
-------------
richard sven
sound sculptist

Krokodilen

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2012, 06:53:16 PM »
Hi,

I relly like the RayBlaster and especially the resynthesis feature. To smooth the use of that feature I would like to be able to set an other dir for samples rather than the default \RayBlaster_samples. I have my samples at a different disk and it takes some klicking every time to get to them.

By the way.. will my samples be saved with the patch?

Regards
K

Markus Krause

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2012, 07:37:52 PM »
Hi,

I relly like the RayBlaster and especially the resynthesis feature. To smooth the use of that feature I would like to be able to set an other dir for samples rather than the default \RayBlaster_samples. I have my samples at a different disk and it takes some klicking every time to get to them.

By the way.. will my samples be saved with the patch?

Regards
K

What i could do is that Rayblaster_samples is only selected as directory as long else no other directory has been selected to load a sample. From the aspect of usability this would make sense and could help to fasten the workflow.
RayBlaster saves all samples with the fxp file. This has several big advantages:
- patches still work even if the original wav files has moved or has been deleted
- patches do also work and sound the same on other systems
- faster loading times
- everything is in one single and compact file

Krokodilen

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2012, 08:02:47 PM »
What i could do is that Rayblaster_samples is only selected as directory as long else no other directory has been selected to load a sample. From the aspect of usability this would make sense and could help to fasten the workflow.
RayBlaster saves all samples with the fxp file. This has several big advantages:
- patches still work even if the original wav files has moved or has been deleted
- patches do also work and sound the same on other systems
- faster loading times
- everything is in one single and compact file

Hi,

and thanks for a quick reply.

Yes, I would like the suggested Dir: workflow enhancement.

I think it's great that samples are stored in the fxp file.
(I have an old Roland Fantom x and knows all abut the hassle of finding a "missing" sample... :)

Thx
K

Krokodilen

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2012, 01:02:14 PM »
Hi again..

This is so a minute detail but... the MIDI parameter for "Osc Wa" has the same name for both Osc1 and Osc2. The funktion is there but their names should read Osc1 Wa and Osc2 Wa. As is they are both named Osc1 Wa.

Thx
K

silikonanswer

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2012, 02:59:32 PM »
First of all, many thanks for this present  ;), Where should I put these files?

zvenx

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2012, 02:37:21 PM »
Not sure if this is the correct thread.....

But I just realised in RayBlaster (and will go thru some stuff in Saurus and ElectraX as well).
Markus do you play keyboards?
I just realised you don't use pitch bend in any of the patches I played from you just now in RayBlaster....
even the lead patches....... to me this is like building a piano without any pedals or a guitar where you can't bend the strings.

so my request is for Markus to use pitch blend in his patches.
rsp

edit: Seems ElectraX does have many MF patches that do use pitch bend for pitch bending, and a few in Saurus do as well......

rsp
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 02:45:57 PM by zvenx »
-------------
richard sven
sound sculptist

Markus Krause

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2012, 04:44:20 PM »
Hi zvenx,

in many of my patches for RayBlaster i used the pitchwheel as an additional bipolar modulation source in the matrix. I found it much more exciting to have two controls (pitchwheel+modwheel) which can morph the sound in realtime.
But it's as always a question of personal taste. I have noted your request for a more classic usage of the pitchwheel for my future patches.