You must register to have access to the complete forum.

Author Topic: RayBlaster feature requests  (Read 60085 times)

exmatproton

• Ae
    • exm BC
    • Email
Re: RayBlaster feature requests
« Reply #60 on: February 02, 2015, 11:14:23 PM »
Since the last comment is over 120 days old:

Is midi learn coming to the rayblaster??
Warlock_Icarus_Gladiator2/3_RayBlaster2_Nemesis_Saurus2_Electra2(x)_BiFilter2_Filterbank3_Warmverb

-exm-

Markus Krause

• Tone2.com audiosoftware
  • Administrator
« Reply #61 on: February 06, 2015, 10:16:32 AM »
It is possible that we will add midi learn to the next update.

exmatproton

• Ae
    • exm BC
    • Email
« Reply #62 on: April 26, 2016, 01:01:21 PM »
It is possible that we will add midi learn to the next update.

Well, it is have been for more then a year. Is Rayblaster getting some proper MIDI learn function?
Warlock_Icarus_Gladiator2/3_RayBlaster2_Nemesis_Saurus2_Electra2(x)_BiFilter2_Filterbank3_Warmverb

-exm-

Markus Krause

• Administrator
« Reply #63 on: April 26, 2016, 03:27:40 PM »
Hello Exmatproton,

After the Icarus release we'll first have to update the Mac version of Nemesis to v1.1, because this one has higher priority.

For the Icarus engine we have also re-developed the Midi learn feature. Please take a look at this one and give us some feedback if it works as expected for you. If everyone is happy we can adopt the concept for RayBlaster.

Best Regards,
Markus

exmatproton

• Ae
    • exm BC
    • Email
« Reply #64 on: April 26, 2016, 05:49:06 PM »
Hello Exmatproton,

After the Icarus release we'll first have to update the Mac version of Nemesis to v1.1, because this one has higher priority.

For the Icarus engine we have also re-developed the Midi learn feature. Please take a look at this one and give us some feedback if it works as expected for you. If everyone is happy we can adopt the concept for RayBlaster.

Best Regards,
Markus

Hmmm. i think it is kinda weird i'll have to buy or demo Icarus, in order to get midi learn on Rayblaster. It is such a nice synth. It is getting way to little attention, IMHO.

And if what people don;t like the midi learn function in Icarus? Will Rayblaster's midi learn have to wait untill the midi learn function in Icarus is good (enough)? Weird....

-exm-

Markus Krause

• Administrator
« Reply #65 on: April 28, 2016, 05:36:21 PM »
There seems to be a missunderstanding. Sorry about beeing not precise enough with expressing myself.
So far you and another customer are the only persons who requested Midi learn for RayBlaster. If i implement this feature exclusively for you, it's half of a day of additional work for me (Please note, that I don't get paid for this). If i spend time i want to make sure that you're happy with the result. That's why i ask you to take a look at Icarus if you like the new midi learn method. You don't have to buy anything - just take a look and give me feedback. This should make sure that i don't waste time and it should also make sure that you're happy with what you will get in the next update.

Please do also note the last update:

November 2015 RayBlaster (PC) has been updated to v1.1

Enhancements:

- Windows 10 and Windows 8 compatibility
- Enhanced stability
- Enhanced compatibility
- More easy installation
- Several other small enhancements
- Updated standalone version
- Polished some graphics

Changes:

- Less aggressive mouse focus by default

Bug fixes:

- Fixed a rarely appearing crash

Download links:

https://www.tone2.com/update/Tone2_RayBlaster_PC_32bit.zip
https://www.tone2.com/update/Tone2_RayBlaster_PC_64bit.zip
https://www.tone2.com/update/Tone2_RayBlaster_Mac.pkg
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 05:48:54 PM by Markus Krause »

exmatproton

• Ae
    • exm BC
    • Email
« Reply #66 on: April 30, 2016, 01:16:43 AM »
There seems to be a missunderstanding. Sorry about beeing not precise enough with expressing myself.
So far you and another customer are the only persons who requested Midi learn for RayBlaster. If i implement this feature exclusively for you, it's half of a day of additional work for me (Please note, that I don't get paid for this). If i spend time i want to make sure that you're happy with the result. That's why i ask you to take a look at Icarus if you like the new midi learn method. You don't have to buy anything - just take a look and give me feedback. This should make sure that i don't waste time and it should also make sure that you're happy with what you will get in the next update.

Please do also note the last update:

November 2015 RayBlaster (PC) has been updated to v1.1

Enhancements:

- Windows 10 and Windows 8 compatibility
- Enhanced stability
- Enhanced compatibility
- More easy installation
- Several other small enhancements
- Updated standalone version
- Polished some graphics

Changes:

- Less aggressive mouse focus by default

Bug fixes:

- Fixed a rarely appearing crash

Download links:

https://www.tone2.com/update/Tone2_RayBlaster_PC_32bit.zip
https://www.tone2.com/update/Tone2_RayBlaster_PC_64bit.zip
https://www.tone2.com/update/Tone2_RayBlaster_Mac.pkg

Thank you for explaining these details.

-exm-

exmatproton

• Ae
    • exm BC
    • Email
« Reply #67 on: June 10, 2016, 02:31:32 PM »
I tried the beta of Icarus:

Please consider adding the midi learn function from Icarus to all Tone2 synths. It works and it would be a shame if Rayblaster in particular won't get this feature.

-exm-

Markus Krause

• Administrator
« Reply #68 on: June 10, 2016, 05:56:08 PM »
Hello exmatproton,

your request for Midi learn has been noted.

Best Regards,
Markus

exmatproton

• Ae
    • exm BC
    • Email
« Reply #69 on: June 11, 2016, 03:52:35 PM »
Hello exmatproton,

your request for Midi learn has been noted.

Best Regards,
Markus

Nice! + props on Icarus btw. Some great tools in there to shape the sound!

-exm-

rez_azel

« Reply #70 on: September 30, 2016, 11:09:54 AM »
Just a small request/idea for this fantastic sound creation tool:
(just in case nobody else requested this yet)
The patch names font size should automatically resize,
so longer files names fit in the display / are displayed fully and not cut of left and right. Would be nice :)

Encore

« Reply #71 on: August 08, 2017, 04:32:33 PM »
Hello,

my request is not linked to RayBlaster  in particular but to - ALL -  your VST synths in general but as RayBlaster is my preferred one, at the moment, I am posting here... ;o)

I am currently sorting all my presets in order to arrange them by type of sound (Bass, Leads,etc) and reduce the number of sub-folders in the xxx_sounds directories as some third party libraries of presets are mixing all their sound together in the same directory. In order to do this, I needed to listen each sound before moving it in the most appropriate directory.
So I am opening the synth side by side with a file explorer and move each preset in the appropriate sound directory after listening it from the synth itself. It is a fastidious work but not a big deal compared to the result.

While doing this I remarked that when dragging a FXP preset over the synth, the mouse cursor is changing to a "+" sign so I started to think : "Great ! I can drop the FXP directly to the synth to change its current preset !" ...but unfortunately it is not the case. (I am using MS Windows 10 64bits, so I do not know if this is the same for the MAC.)

Do you think it could be feasible to support this drag & drop feature for FXP presets please in a generic way in all your synth ?
Even in a particular zone of the synth if it is too complicated to make the whole GUI "FXP-drop-sensitive": i.e. the browser/preset selection rectangle zone which is usually existing in all your VST synth...

I though it would be "simpler" to implement this rather than asking you to implement a way to move sounds directly form the synth browser between sound folders/categories for - ALL -  your VST synths as each synth preset browser could be implemented in a different way internally I guess.

Thanks in advance for your answer.
Best regards, Eric

Markus Krause

• Administrator
« Reply #72 on: August 09, 2017, 04:17:01 PM »
Hello Encore,

RayBlaster2 already supports drag&drop for sample import. If you drag&drop a wav file to the oscillator's waveform display it will load it.

Drag & drop for fxp files is currently not supported, since noone asked for this so far. We will examine if it is possible to include it in a future update.

Best Regards,
Markus

Encore

« Reply #73 on: August 14, 2017, 01:43:03 PM »
Hello Markus,

thanks a lot for your answer.
Hoping someone else will ask too for this feature.

Best regards, Eric