You must register to have access to the complete forum.

Author Topic: Brilliant!  (Read 5697 times)

maxdamage

Brilliant!
« on: June 10, 2010, 12:47:53 AM »
I recently discovered Gladiator and fell in love with it. At last a synth that does not stick to the standard GM/GS/XG limitations but concentrates on producing unique, quality sounds.

I liked it so much I bought all the expansion packs. I was a little disappointed with them as I felt that they did not do justice to Gladiator although they did add some nice extras.

I would like to see more skins such as a silver style similar to that used on warmverb. The Gladiator edit screen is very busy and the lighter colours would make it easier on the eye (especially for us old guys).

I would like to say a big thank you to the tone2 team for creating such an excellent product and I look forward to new developments. :)

Burkuagh

Re: Brilliant!
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2010, 11:57:54 PM »
When I first got gladiator I made a few fx with it and was like.. okay its fun for making odd noises but not good for everything I want.  Then I came back to it and was blown away.  I have no idea what the hell I was thinking when I first played with it.  Now its the only vst I use.

I have to say, after buying all of the xpacs myself, I don't regret one cent of what it cost.  I use the new filters and fx almost more than any of the others.  I do wish the last xpac came with a few more waveforms but I still love the ones I got, though there are a few I haven't found a use for yet.

Markus Krause

• Tone2.com audiosoftware
  • Administrator
    • Tone2.com audiosoftware
Re: Brilliant!
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2010, 10:24:16 AM »
Thank you for the nice words!

At the beginning it was very difficult to market Gladiator, since it is a very innovative product. People were  mistrustful when we annouced that it comes with a new kind of synthesis, because a lot of competing companies advertise with 'innovative products'.
Our sound designers had to learn to tame the beast. At the beginning the sounds they delivered were often similar to substractive synths. But after they had worked with it for some time, they started to create impressive and unique content. Good sound design needs time.
Meanwhile HCM synthesis has been accepted as innovation and 'a new kind of synthesis'. But it was a long and difficult way.
A positive part of this is that no competing company was able to copy our complex algorithms so far. Beside of that we got a very long product-life-cycle and we will be able to provide free updates and additional content also in the long term future.

Best Regards,
Markus Feil