General Category > FireBird

Firebird in 64bit hosts

(1/3) > >>

bM3w:
Any ETA for Firebird 64bit?

Thanks  :)

GeorgeZ:
I have no idea, but thought I'd just mention, for synthesis there is no advantage in going 64bit (as it only adds access to ram above 4gb, which is pointless for synths of course, but good if you're using samplers and massive sample libs). On the other hand, if your host is 64bit, and you're having problems with it's 32bit bridging wrapper, sure, 64bit could possibly solve that.

Any particular reason for wanting F+ as x64? Just curious  ;)

Markus Krause:
We have tried to build a 64 bit version, but unfortunately we had to notice that FireBird can't be compiled to 64 bit. The libraries from Steinberg's VST SDK v2.3 and the VSTGUI 2.x are 32bit only. Porting FireBird to 64 bit would mean a complete redesign of the synthesizer. Currenly we got no plans for a FireBird2 (which would be also 64 bit & Mac) in the near future.

GeorgeZ:
Hmmm, think my PC love just went up by a tiny bit  :-*

bM3w:

--- Quote from: Markus Feil on January 07, 2012, 02:36:42 PM ---We have tried to build a 64 bit version, but unfortunately we had to notice that FireBird can't be compiled to 64 bit. The libraries from Steinberg's VST SDK v2.3 and the VSTGUI 2.x are 32bit only. Porting FireBird to 64 bit would mean a complete redesign of the synthesizer. Currenly we got no plans for a FireBird2 (which would be also 64 bit & Mac) in the near future.

--- End quote ---
Too bad  :(

@GeorgeZ: I don't like to bridge/wrap plugins as it only adds instability to the system. Not on every single plugin, but the combined usage of more than one wrapped plugin.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version