You must register to have access to the complete forum.

Author Topic: Global LFOs  (Read 6550 times)

xybre

• Negutyv Xeiro
    • Negutyv Xeiro Music
Global LFOs
« on: June 18, 2010, 02:49:34 AM »
Hey, I can't find any explanation in the manual about the global LFOs. Actually in the manual it only indicates there being 1 global LFO. I also can't map the second LFO to anything in the modulation matrix.. what does it do?

I'm building Gladiator patches from init for the first time (its amazing!) so I'm trying to figure out what all the parameters do and such.

Markus Krause

• Tone2.com audiosoftware
  • Administrator
Re: Global LFOs
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2010, 03:09:18 PM »
LFO1 and LFO2 are calculated per voice. You can retrigger them when a key is pressed ('RET') and sync them to BPM ('BPM').
LFO3 and LFO4 are global LFOs. They refer to all played voices. You can find above the mod matrix. They are usefull if you want to add movements to pads, vibrato or tremolo.

Best Regards,
Markus Feil

xybre

• Negutyv Xeiro
    • Negutyv Xeiro Music
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2010, 05:41:16 AM »
LFO3 and LFO4 are global LFOs. They refer to all played voices. You can find above the mod matrix. They are usefull if you want to add movements to pads, vibrato or tremolo.
Yes I was referring to LFOs 3 and 4. Oh I see, the LFO4 source mod is not with the other LFOs, its at the end of the list. So they are never retriggered, are not synced to the bpm, and affect all voices synchronously. Cool.

That leaves me with just one more question: What is their waveform?

Markus Krause

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2010, 10:04:00 AM »
The waveform of the global LFO 3/4 is a triangle, since a triangle is the best suited waveform for cutoff or frequency modulations (vibrato).

Best Regards,
Markus Feil