You must register to have access to the complete forum.

Author Topic: Loading Patches into different layers  (Read 82 times)

Dumtek

• TONE2 is NUMBER 1
    • Papa D?m Tek -Bandcamp
    • Email
Loading Patches into different layers
« on: May 08, 2024, 04:38:23 PM »
Sorry to be a pest again Markus but......
I keep getting the message prompt..."File write error. File is write protected, opened by another application or the path does not exist"
Then is actually goes to the folder where the files are, but it loads to the desired synth engine (lets say 3) as well as synth 1 both. And then at times erases the other layers.

At one point it did this and i reinstalled and it worked fine again for a while but then returned to this odd behaviour.
Am I doing something wrong?
Windows 8.1
Electra 3.2.1

Markus Krause

• Tone2.com audiosoftware
  • Administrator
    • Tone2.com audiosoftware
Re: Loading Patches into different layers
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2024, 07:53:38 AM »
It seems like the path where the temporary fxp file for the layer is stored is write protected. Make sure that your vstplugins directory and all subdirectories (or the place where you installed Electra3) has the proper read and write permissions set in Windows.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-filefolder-permissions-on-windows-81/79ff5f1f-3729-43e0-89b2-58a641e4c6a8

Apart from this I recommend that you upgrade your OS to Windows 10 or higher. Windows 8 is deprecated and not longer supported by Microsoft. It does not longer get security patches.

Best regards,
Markus

Dumtek

• TONE2 is NUMBER 1
    • Papa D?m Tek -Bandcamp
    • Email
Re: Loading Patches into different layers
« Reply #2 on: Today at 12:59:29 PM »
Ya, i went and tried every folder and registry option i could look up, to no avail.
However like last time I reinstalled and it worked perfectly.
I was wondering. Should I be putting my own folders of my own patches in the ElectraX_sounds folder?
Could this have caused the glitch? 
What do I know?  lol