You must register to have access to the complete forum.

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10
Icarus / Re: Icarus 1.6 Computer Music edition Upgradeability
« Last post by EricS on December 23, 2023, 04:34:05 PM »
The v1.6 actually works ok on M1 mac with Monterey 12.6.7. It was extremely generous and kind to give away this awesome, full version of a synth!! I have taken advantage of the upgrade, thank you for this!
Warlock / Latest Warlock installer
« Last post by EricS on December 23, 2023, 04:15:53 PM »
Where can I find the link to the latest installer of the full version of Warlock? I use Mac, but would appreciate the link to PC as well. What is the actual latest version, 1.1? Also, will there ever be a standalone version of this? Much thanks!
Icarus / Re: Icarus 1.6 Computer Music edition Upgradeability
« Last post by Markus Krause on December 22, 2023, 01:14:15 PM »
Hello EricS,

thank you for upgrading and supporting our company.
Anyone who owns a valid license for Icarus1 or Icarus2 is able to upgrade to v2.5/v3.x. This does include the CM edition.

The upgrade is available here:
https://order.shareit.com/product?productid=301070196

Merry Chrismas,
Markus
Icarus / Icarus 1.6 Computer Music edition Upgradeability
« Last post by EricS on December 21, 2023, 02:29:38 PM »
I see CM has old Icarus 1.6 for free in their January edition. Does this version qualify for Upgrades for full v2.5/3.x?
I am Mac user, so the old v1.6 version probably will not work at all on my Monterey M1 Pro laptop.
Icarus / Re: Custom Icarus skin
« Last post by Markus Krause on December 15, 2023, 10:53:58 AM »
We also need to cover our runnings costs. We got costs for development, pay our artists and employees, pay the rent, pay for the servers, the website, hardware, our taxes and our families.

You can't save patches and some have a time limit. I do not recommend to install several versions of a product at the same time. Most DAWs can not handle this properly.
« Last post by Markus Krause on December 10, 2023, 09:46:51 AM »
These products did not come with a magazine that was distributed to 5000 readers. And they work differently from the technical prespective.
Apart from this I assume that also people that to not own a license will download the dll file and will manually place it in the vst plugins directory. This results in a damaged installation as many essential files from the installation are missing. Then they will contact our support and complain why the 'plugin crashes' or why patches and the key are missing.
We are a small company and if something goes wrong (which is really likely) we will have to deal with it to fix it. This time is missing for development and support.
I hope that you can understand that we do not want that a can of worms is opened.

Apart from this I want to point out that skinning was never officially supported for Icarus1. I recommend that you upgrade to Icarus 2/3 as Icarus1.6 is already over half a decade old and will not longer be updated.

Markus
« Last post by Markus Krause on December 09, 2023, 09:28:50 AM »
Any content (dll files/images/patches/sound/etc) that comes bundeled with a software is usually copyrighted material. You are not allowed to change and/or distribute it unless you got a written permission of the coypright holder.
Unfortunately I can't give you the permission to distribute or modify the dll file, as it is very likely that the plugin will crash or at least gets occasionally instable. This includes also instructions with 'hacks' to alter the dll file which hurt the license agreement.
We don't want that our support needs to deal with angry users that complain about crashes that result from altering the dll file. Especially since we do not earn any income with the CM versions. 

I recommend that you upgrade to Icarus2.5 / Icarus3. There you are able to create and distribute your own skins easily and legaly.
« Last post by Markus Krause on December 08, 2023, 03:51:21 PM »
Hello Toni,

I like the idea of the image on the top left!

Icarus 1.6 is now over half a decade old. Unfortunately I do not longer remember how things worked back in the days. I only can give you info about the current version. So you'll have to use the info that you can find in this forum.
One thing that I think to remember is that changing the skin color and exchanging the background image at the same time does not work for some technical reason.

It is only possible to exchange the background skin with IcarusSkin.dat.

Changing data of the dll file is not a legit option as the dll file is copyrighted material. Apart from this it is quite sure that it will crash the plugin or at least will make everything very instable. 

I hope this helps (a bit),
Markus
Icarus / Re: my sugestions for Icarus 3
« Last post by Deepbass on November 16, 2023, 08:46:27 AM »
I would love to see these 3 additions:

1. A second morph mode like Vital or Current have (applying a morph fx to the wavetable is too static). Both should be able to be modulated

2. Previewing the slider in the wavetable editor. It is so annoying to always have to apply it and if you don?t like the result you have to undo and try again. That workflow is so unintuitive in my opinion.

3. Please make the fx slots switchable like in Icarus 1.

...and a +1 for the Electra 2 Shape distortions/saturations mentioned by tatsyn  :)

I?m really looking forward to version 3!
Icarus / my sugestions for Icarus 3
« Last post by tatsyn on November 15, 2023, 10:11:05 AM »
Greetings and good morning.

My sugestions (not requests at this stage) for Icarus 3 if it's to be released.....
Not by personal order of importance, i'll add explanations:

-1    - MSEG's rate modulation (the feature i end up missing most times)
-1.1 - MSEG's other parameters modulation [start-loop-rise-delay] (wish it was possible but not as often as MSEG rate while sound designing)
- 2   - Electra 2 Shape distortions/saturations added to Icarus 3 (an extra that's probabaly a high dose of work), can be usefull but there's specialized external saturation- distortion vst's/plugins.
- 3   - More Matrix modulation slots (miss it less than MSEG's rate modulation too but more then other suggestions. As PC's will get more powerfull it could be usefull at long term as an Icarus 3 enhancement..)
- 4   - Glitch section modulation - (Miss especially and mostly the Gltch mix knob modulation so that it can be turned On/Off/anywhere in between with MSEG's, step LFO or Mod-Pitch wheels p.ex:) can also be done with speciallized external Plugins but would be nice to be able to do it within Icarus as a soud design tool.

Hope you have an excelent day!

side note - Some requests people are making like filter keyfollow modulation are usefull but are already possible doing it in the Matrix, with even more options as Icarus has multiple key modulators.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10