General Category > FilterBank

FilterBank feature requests

(1/4) > >>

Markus Krause:
This is the right place to post feature requests for FilterBank.
Please keep in mind that there are also techncial restrictions and we can not fullfill everyone's needs.

Argitoth:
http://www.elanhickler.com/misc/filterbank_aliasing.mp3

It's hard to hear it over speakers, use headphones. I'm tired of encountering these aliasing sounds and having to limit my use of FilterBank... because you know, filterbank is the most analog sounding digital filters ever created... if only there wasn't the aliasing.

Please address this in the next free update!

--- Quote from: Markus from Tone2.com ---Hello Architeuthis,

we already adressed aliasing in the update to v3.0. The OSCs and LFOs of FilterBank3 use 2x/4x oversampling.

I have listened to your mp3 and the effect you describe is not aliasing. I assume it is quantisation noise in the filter coefficient modulation.

We'll adress this in the next free update.

Best Regards,
Markus Feil
--- End quote ---

Codex:
Hi...

I also have an "issue" with filterbank, which occurs, when you need an exact filtersweep...

Lets say I want Filterbank to start at a specific filter frequency and open it up to another filter frequency. I find those start and end frequencies by ear of course. No from a users point I only have a "mid-point" (the large "f" knob) and a "width"  parameter (the +/- knob) to set the range of the filter-sweep, so it's very hard to get an exact start and end point. From a technicians point the way it is designed in Filterbank may be more similar to a hardwarefilter (with a center-frequency and plus-minus deviation). However from a musicians point it seems more straightforward to me to define from which start to which end frequency the filter opens and closes.

The way it is now makes me CRAZY sometimes ;-) I run my song in loop mode set any decent f-Value to get started, then I rise the +/- button until the filter goes down where it sounds good. But most of the time it then wont go up as far as I like it. So i rise the center-frequency a bit until it goes up near where I want it. Now of course the lower frequency has changed so I need to crank up the width (+/- button) again until it goes down where I want it again. But now it goes up too far. So "f" a bit down and */- a bit down and so on and so on... You got the point... it's a tiring incremental process to get the right starting and ending frequencies...

A easy additional "from f1 to f2" mode per oscillator would be a goodsend!! (the f-Value of the filter would of course become obsolete in this mode)

Regards
Codex

dhalfen:
Hi!  I just want to extend one feature request (for now) from my post for BiFilter2 suggestions.

Could FilterBank3 feature direct numeric-value entry via the right-click for all parameters?  (I'm a very numbers-specific guy.   ;))

And one other concern, and not to be a total idiot:  in the manual, I read, "simply left-click with Shift and Strg" for MIDI-learn -- what the heck is Strg???

(Obviously, I'm fuzzy on that...)

Thanks for any help!

Markus Krause:
Hallo dhalfen,

you can fine-tweak parametres by pressing shift+mousebutton.

Strg = Ctrl

Best Regards,
Markus Feil

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version