You must register to have access to the complete forum.

Author Topic: Saurus 4  (Read 1116 times)

Dumtek

• TONE2 is NUMBER 1
    • Papa D?m Tek -Bandcamp
    • Email
Saurus 4
« on: January 16, 2024, 10:21:13 AM »
Hello Tone2 / Markus
I have just purchased another one of your synths Saurus 4
I was going through the manual and was trying out the X feature in the tutorial to control the gate, but there is nothing called Gate trigger. Is this now called "step trigger" or is there a bug?
Probably a silly question as i got it to work like a gate.
Is there a reason for the name change? Does it imply that is has other functions?
Thanks in advance.
Papa Dum Tek

Markus Krause

• Tone2.com audiosoftware
  • Administrator
    • Tone2.com audiosoftware
Re: Saurus 4
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2024, 09:08:16 AM »
It works as expected. It has been renamed from 'Gate' to 'Step' in some version, since it's fuctionality is not limited to creating gate sounds. You can also route it to anything else like cutoff or pitch.

You can find an example patch how to set-up a gate sound in the Tutorial patch category 'GateMedium'.

Best Regards,
Markus

Dumtek

• TONE2 is NUMBER 1
    • Papa D?m Tek -Bandcamp
    • Email
Re: Saurus 4
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2024, 10:55:17 AM »
Thanks for the speedy reply.
I also own Icarus ,most recently Saurus , and have demoed (is that a word) all of your products. Really love all of them and will one day most likely get more. I have to say that Saurus is one of if not the best analog synth emulators i have ever tried. As well Icarus is my main go to synth these days.
The low CPU hit is an added bonus for me as i am running inside Renoise on a quite old computer.  I have tried and owned many others like Uhe, Spectrasonics,Xfer, iZotope, Vital, etc but found them unusable at times for what i do which is one major factor why i adore your products. 
This tune has Icarus all over it.
https://soundcloud.com/papadumtek/big-red-button

Wishing you and all yours a prosperous 2024.
Sincerely, Papa Dum Tek