You must register to have access to the complete forum.

Author Topic: preset browser lacks a scroll bar (Rayblaster & Icarus 3)  (Read 14 times)

AnalogSignal

preset browser lacks a scroll bar (Rayblaster & Icarus 3)
« on: May 05, 2024, 05:31:19 PM »
Hi Marcus,

When I have so many presets in a folder that they don't fit on one screen, I can't reach them from the preset browser (unless there is a method I am missing.)  A scroll bar in the browser would address this issue.

I have the latest version of Rayblaster and Icarus 3.0 and it looks like they both have this issue as they probably share preset browser code.

Regards,
Frantz

Markus Krause

• Tone2.com audiosoftware
  • Administrator
    • Tone2.com audiosoftware
Re: preset browser lacks a scroll bar (Rayblaster & Icarus 3)
« Reply #1 on: Today at 08:26:39 AM »
Hello Franz,

all preset browsers of the latest versions of our plugins have a scrollbar for the CATEGORY on the left.
There is no second scrollbar for the patches. This is intended. The idea behind this is that you are able to reach every preset of a category without having to click and scroll. Apart from this we need to deal with limitations of Midi compatibility for program change (<128 values) and MacOS menus (no native OS support for multirow menus).

If you need more space for your own presets simply create a new subdirectory in RayBlaster_sounds and restart the plugin.
The correct path looks like .../RayBlaster_sounds/MyGreatSounds/MyGreatPatch.fxp.

Best Regards,
Markus
« Last Edit: Today at 08:28:55 AM by Markus Krause »