You must register to have access to the complete forum.

Author Topic: Global Volume  (Read 5596 times)

jlaudon

Global Volume
« on: October 25, 2010, 05:19:45 AM »
Great sounding synth  :)

I'm trying to find out if there is a midi controllable (from the fader in DP7 or Logic 9) volume that is global to all the presets. Right now all I found is that I have to manually assign this in the mod-matrix in each preset., and even then the volume doesn't go all the way to zero?

Any help is appreciated.

Markus Krause

• Tone2.com audiosoftware
  • Administrator
    • Tone2.com audiosoftware
Re: Global Volume
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2010, 10:59:30 AM »
Hello Jlaudon,

in generall i recommend that you use the mixer channel volume of your host to control the global volume of plugins. It's a global parameter and affects all presets of a synth.

It's already possible to assign Master Volume globally to all presets in Gladiator v.2.2 with Midi learn:

PC: Shift + strg/control + left mousebutton on a knob activates Midi learn mode. If Midi learn is activated the next incoming Midi controler command is assigned to the knob. The Midi learn configuration of all controlers is stored in an automatically generated file 'gladiatormidi.cfg' within the vst directory. If 'gladiatormidi.cfg' is deleted it automatically resets to the default assignments.

Mac: Shift + Apple + left mousebutton on a knob activates Midi learn mode. If Midi learn is activated the next incoming Midi controler command is assigned to the knob. The Midi learn configuration of all controlers is stored in an automatically generated file 'Library/Audio/Plugins/gladiatormidi.cfg'. If 'gladiatormidi.cfg' is deleted it automatically resets to the default assignments.

Reseting midi learn: The midi learn configuration is stored in Gladiatormidi.cfg (plugin folder). You can reset all midi CC assignments by deleting this file.

We'll examine if we can support 'Master-volume-to-0' in the next update.

Best Regards,
Markus Feil