You must register to have access to the complete forum.

Author Topic: Feedback/Delay  (Read 6311 times)

Burkuagh

Feedback/Delay
« on: October 10, 2010, 12:02:20 AM »
Can you guys please add something to control the number of times feedback echoes or a user-defined envelope to make it fade out.  Basically I just want a way to guarantee it won't create a vicious feedback loop that is capable of damaging my hearing.   

After a few bad feedback loops I am literally afraid to ever use it.

Bastiaan van Noord

• Administrator
    • Tone2 Audiosoftware
    • Email
Re: Feedback/Delay
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2010, 02:42:02 PM »
Can you guys please add something to control the number of times feedback echoes or a user-defined envelope to make it fade out.  Basically I just want a way to guarantee it won't create a vicious feedback loop that is capable of damaging my hearing.   

After a few bad feedback loops I am literally afraid to ever use it.

Hi Nicholas,

I agree some feedback can get quite nasty, I'll add it to the request list and see if we can take a look at it for a next update. Thanks for the report.

Markus Krause

• Tone2.com audiosoftware
  • Administrator
    • Tone2.com audiosoftware
Re: Feedback/Delay
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2010, 09:46:22 AM »
Hello Burkuagh,

Feedback is a very powerfull feature. But you must handle it with some care. You should start to set feedback->gain to zero and then slowly raise it till you reached the desired effect.
Beside of that we already included a feature to protect your ears from feebacks which get out of control. Just click on the 'clip' knob in the delay section and it will be limited.

Best Regards,
Markus Feil