You must register to have access to the complete forum.

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10
Icarus / Re: Icarus skin
« Last post by MarcH on December 29, 2023, 01:21:06 PM »
Does anyone know where the Icarus 2 skin files are stored? I've looked all over and can't find them (Win 10).

Nothing wrong with the current skin choices but I like to edit skin files just for fun.

Looking forward to Icarus 3.  :)
Icarus / Re: Icarus 1.6 Computer Music edition Upgradeability
« Last post by Markus Krause on December 24, 2023, 09:13:54 AM »
Thank you Eric :-)

Icarus 1.6 is compatible with macOS 12, but it still does not come with native M1 support. It runs under an emulation layer called Rosetta2. Icarus 2.5 or higher does come with native M1 support. This does mean a lower CPU useage.

Markus
Warlock / Re: Latest Warlock installer
« Last post by Markus Krause on December 24, 2023, 09:05:41 AM »
Hello Eric,

I sent you an email and a PM with a download link.

Warlock Mac does not come with a standalone. The PC version does come with a standalone.

If you are on PC you can create standalones for any VST2 plugin for yourself with NanoHost:
https://www.tone2.com/nanohost.html

Merry Christmas!
Markus
« Last post by EricS on December 23, 2023, 04:34:05 PM »
The v1.6 actually works ok on M1 mac with Monterey 12.6.7. It was extremely generous and kind to give away this awesome, full version of a synth!! I have taken advantage of the upgrade, thank you for this!
Warlock / Latest Warlock installer
« Last post by EricS on December 23, 2023, 04:15:53 PM »
Where can I find the link to the latest installer of the full version of Warlock? I use Mac, but would appreciate the link to PC as well. What is the actual latest version, 1.1? Also, will there ever be a standalone version of this? Much thanks!
« Last post by Markus Krause on December 22, 2023, 01:14:15 PM »
Hello EricS,

thank you for upgrading and supporting our company.
Anyone who owns a valid license for Icarus1 or Icarus2 is able to upgrade to v2.5/v3.x. This does include the CM edition.

The upgrade is available here:
https://order.shareit.com/product?productid=301070196

Merry Chrismas,
Markus
Icarus / Icarus 1.6 Computer Music edition Upgradeability
« Last post by EricS on December 21, 2023, 02:29:38 PM »
I see CM has old Icarus 1.6 for free in their January edition. Does this version qualify for Upgrades for full v2.5/3.x?
I am Mac user, so the old v1.6 version probably will not work at all on my Monterey M1 Pro laptop.
Icarus / Re: Custom Icarus skin
« Last post by Markus Krause on December 15, 2023, 10:53:58 AM »
We also need to cover our runnings costs. We got costs for development, pay our artists and employees, pay the rent, pay for the servers, the website, hardware, our taxes and our families.

You can't save patches and some have a time limit. I do not recommend to install several versions of a product at the same time. Most DAWs can not handle this properly.
« Last post by Markus Krause on December 10, 2023, 09:46:51 AM »
These products did not come with a magazine that was distributed to 5000 readers. And they work differently from the technical prespective.
Apart from this I assume that also people that to not own a license will download the dll file and will manually place it in the vst plugins directory. This results in a damaged installation as many essential files from the installation are missing. Then they will contact our support and complain why the 'plugin crashes' or why patches and the key are missing.
We are a small company and if something goes wrong (which is really likely) we will have to deal with it to fix it. This time is missing for development and support.
I hope that you can understand that we do not want that a can of worms is opened.

Apart from this I want to point out that skinning was never officially supported for Icarus1. I recommend that you upgrade to Icarus 2/3 as Icarus1.6 is already over half a decade old and will not longer be updated.

Markus
« Last post by Markus Krause on December 09, 2023, 09:28:50 AM »
Any content (dll files/images/patches/sound/etc) that comes bundeled with a software is usually copyrighted material. You are not allowed to change and/or distribute it unless you got a written permission of the coypright holder.
Unfortunately I can't give you the permission to distribute or modify the dll file, as it is very likely that the plugin will crash or at least gets occasionally instable. This includes also instructions with 'hacks' to alter the dll file which hurt the license agreement.
We don't want that our support needs to deal with angry users that complain about crashes that result from altering the dll file. Especially since we do not earn any income with the CM versions. 

I recommend that you upgrade to Icarus2.5 / Icarus3. There you are able to create and distribute your own skins easily and legaly.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10