You must register to have access to the complete forum.

Author Topic: What does happen if i can't load more plugins?  (Read 6458 times)

jjsr-music

What does happen if i can't load more plugins?
« on: October 29, 2010, 09:11:30 PM »
Hi,

Gladiator is a great allround-synth - yeah - my goto, my firt run however...
After playing around with my projects i discovered some things where i am to 90% sure that it has to do with Gladiator.

Here's my (32bit) DAW Setup: Intel Core2Quad 2.4 GHz, 2 GB Ram, Win7 Home Prmium, Cubase4.5
For this case: The problems listed here were also under Win XP Pro SP3

That's what i've got trouble with:
After building up a project with some synths and fx i come to a point at which Cubase won't load any more plugins. This has not to do with CPU power. After loading Instrument busses with Gladiator, i am mostly limited to 7 or 8. And i can't load any other plugins  sometimes - what means that choosing an effect or synth will happen nothing.
Some plugins don't show up their gui anymore. Mainly Waves plugins (vst3) shows only the border of the window, the background shows what lies under. The same with Relab's LX 480 lite (vst2, beta stage)

curious things...

« Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 09:15:48 AM by Markus Feil »

zvenx

Re: Gladiator 2.2/win7/cubase4.5 issues
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2010, 12:11:14 AM »
2GB of RAM is very very little for any modern DAW running any vsti's.
rsp
-------------
richard sven
sound sculptist

Markus Krause

• Tone2.com audiosoftware
  • Administrator
    • Tone2.com audiosoftware
What does happen if i can't load more plugins?
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2010, 09:15:28 AM »
Hello jjsr-music,

Zvenx is right. Your computer is running out of RAM. I strongly recommend to upgrade to 4 GB, since a  low amount of RAM completely slows down your system. Currently the prices for DDR3 are on the bottom. It's a good time to uprade now!

Press ctrl+alt+del to open the task manager. Here you can see the amount of RAM needed by your currently running apps. You can close applications which are not essential to free some RAM.

Best Regards,
Markus Feil
« Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 09:18:16 AM by Markus Feil »