General Category > Off topic

What kind of music are Tone2 into or aiming at?

(1/2) > >>

Nielzie:
I'm just wondering what kind of music are you guys into? I read that one of Markus' favorite songs is by Depeche Mode ("Enjoy The silence"). I'm a fan of them too :) Gladiator and FireBird (and also Vanguard) are pretty trance/techno sounding though imho. Is that coincidental or do you try to aim for that type of sound/music? Do you even aim for a specific music genre or sound (warm/cold/smooth/harsh, etc) when creating a synth?

Markus Krause:
I personally are influenced by the 80s, Hard Rock, Synth Pop, Dance, Trance, Tekkno, Metal, Industrial, Electro and Freestyle.
But i only designed a part of the sounds for the synthesizers. The majority is done by freelancers with various musical preferences. A large part of the features which are included are requests from user-side.

When we design a synth we try to keep it as versatile and usable as possible. We do not limit it to musical generes, because this would mean that we also would also limit the creativity of the musician.

Bastiaan van Noord:

I started out in the eighties as a scratch dj, so I was very much into old funk/fusion/jazz/etc breaks, basically everything scratch or sample worthy :D
From there switched to progressive and psytrance in '92. Lately I listen a lot to progressive house, but there are also days where I just listen to 80's pop/80's rap/Electro or whatever I feel like at that moment :)

Nielzie:
So being one guy from Germany and the other from the Netherlands, how did you guys meet?

And in what language do you communicate with each other?

Markus Krause:
I'm not completely sure. Bastiaan please correct me, if i'm wrong.

Some years ago Bastiaan was a Firebird customer. He used the synth a lot and created a large part of the firebird sounds. He had a lot of passion for audio stuff an knowledge about the products. He offered to help me with the old forum...

...Meanwhile Bastiaan is involed to the development of the products. He's the lead sound designer, does customer support and writes texts for the website. Besides that he designs own soundsets which he distributes on his website and on tone2.com.

Bastiaan speaks Dutch, which is similar to German. I mostly can understand it when he speaks Dutch, which is more like a heavy dialect, but we use to communicate in English.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version