General Category > Icarus

Icarus feature requests

<< < (51/51)

Markus Krause:
The threshold for the pitchwheel is a feature that is intended.

Explanation:
There are plenty of old/crappy Midi Keyboards out there. They do not longer center the pitchwheel exactly and return Midi pitchbend values that are slightly off. This can make synthesizer plugins be out-of-tune, expecially if they are set to a high pitchbend range like +-12 semitones. The threshold in Icarus in the center of the pitchbend fixes this problem.

I'll check out if it is possible to lower the threshold a bit for the next update.

You can get a more fine pitchwheel resolution if you change PitchWheel+-12 to +-2 in the top left of the synthesizer.

exmatproton:

--- Quote from: Markus Krause on April 06, 2024, 09:30:39 AM ---The threshold for the pitchwheel is a feature that is intended.

Explanation:
There are plenty of old/crappy Midi Keyboards out there. They do not longer center the pitchwheel exactly and return Midi pitchbend values that are slightly off. This can make synthesizer plugins be out-of-tune, expecially if they are set to a high pitchbend range like +-12 semitones. The threshold in Icarus in the center of the pitchbend fixes this problem.

I'll check out if it is possible to lower the threshold a bit for the next update.

You can get a more fine pitchwheel resolution if you change PitchWheel+-12 to +-2 in the top left of the synthesizer.

--- End quote ---

Not sure why my previous comment has been deleted.....?

Since this is the feature request thread; I would like to see an option to set a pitchwheel offset/threshold :)

Markus Krause:
The pitchwheel behaves this way since 8 years and we did not get a single request from another user that it should changed.
The opposite was true before the threshold feature was introduced. We occasinally received mails from people with wonky pitchwheels asking 'why is the synth slightly out of tune?'
So obviously it works fine in the current stage for all other people including myself.
I noted your feature request, aswered to you quickly, told you a workaround and told you that I will take care of your demand of it in the next update. There is no need to spam about it here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version