You must register to have access to the complete forum.

Author Topic: Christmas sales?  (Read 17101 times)

zvenx

Christmas sales?
« on: November 24, 2009, 01:04:19 AM »
HI,
Has Tone 2 ever had Xmas sales on their software?
Thinking of getting the Dance Trance Expansion, but if it is going to be on sale in a few weeks, I can wait.
thanks
rsp
-------------
richard sven
sound sculptist

Reznick

• Email
Re: Christmas sales?
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2009, 05:55:53 AM »
Yeah... I think: buy the Dance & Trance Expansion, and get the Electronic Expansion for free. THIS was a great deal.  :)

Markus Krause

• Tone2.com audiosoftware
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2009, 11:50:41 AM »
In general we try to avoid large price drops, because it devaluates the products and annoys recent customers who paid more.

We are currenlty working on something that will be for free for you and will hopefully finished before Christmas.  ;D

GeorgeZ

• Sound Designer
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2009, 01:20:42 PM »
I have to be honest here, as much as I love a bargain... that is really a good angle to take.

Have something "in it" for the guys that are customers already, and keep your product's "desirability" up by not doing stupid discounts (ie IKM T-Racks GB recently... it COMPLETELY devalued the product and really annoyed customers that bought for full price. I was thinking of buying these, and didn't, and now they're all over the net for that cheap, and even cheaper... so it really, I think, made the product seem like a "throw away" money grabber....).

Good on ya Markus ;)

zvenx

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2009, 01:47:19 PM »
whereas my view is different. First of all, I do respect Markus's view of what his company policy should be. I have no problem with that...However I have bought many products at full price that have gone on sale, but I have never thought of it as undervaluing the product or as a loyal customer or whatever feel annoyed. By the time it goes on sale, I would have more than earned back my money from the investment using it on projects.

Although I do take Marcus's point about recent customers, which was exactly what prompted the question in the first place.
rsp
« Last Edit: November 27, 2009, 01:54:39 PM by zvenx »
-------------
richard sven
sound sculptist

cis-didge

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2009, 04:03:14 PM »
I have just seen this at time+space

"The award winning Gladiator from Best Service gives you a groundbreaking approach to sound generation. Its exclusive Harmonic Content Morphing (HCM) synthesis technique, covers new and unique aural territory, only possible with Gladiator."

and the price is 198 euro...not exately what i would call xmas sale...
...and why do they say that Gladiator is from Best Service and not Tone2

GeorgeZ

• Sound Designer
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2009, 10:13:54 PM »
Best Service thinks they're cool... but they're not... they fail... obviously.  ::) Did you try titan BTW? (It's f$%^n shockingly sh!te)

zvenx

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2009, 02:50:41 AM »
Today I bought quite a few patches for different vsti's. The only one that I wanted that I didn't get was the Dance Volume for G2. Why? Everybody else had sales and I couldn't justify the $70 on this one.
What may be an idea that works is a coupon that we can apply on future purchases as an Xmas present for your users... This way we can choose what to spend it on and it isn't a sale per se and those who spent more on a product will be eligible for a coupon that they too can use in the future.
Just a thought.
rsp
-------------
richard sven
sound sculptist

zvenx

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2010, 06:26:32 PM »

We are currenlty working on something that will be for free for you and will hopefully finished before Christmas.  ;D

Hi Markus, how is this coming along? Any projected date? Or hint of what it will be?
rsp
-------------
richard sven
sound sculptist

GeorgeZ

• Sound Designer
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2010, 08:23:24 PM »
You're on it now!!! Happy happy...it was the forums!! Yay!!   :P     :laugh:

zvenx

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2010, 08:50:02 PM »
at first I thought you were joking, now I am not so sure.
you are joking right?
that would be the worse present I have ever gotten.
rsp
-------------
richard sven
sound sculptist

GeorgeZ

• Sound Designer
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2010, 05:25:21 AM »
Nah, I donno chalk from cheese mate, don't ask me :D I have no idea what the Toneboyz  are up to with regards to this. Thought I'd just say something cause I could  :P

Markus Krause

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2010, 01:43:12 PM »
The new free product is close to release. We will annouce the beta in this forum as soon as has passed the alpha and it is feature complete.

GeorgeZ

• Sound Designer
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2010, 08:03:33 PM »
 8) Cool bananas!  :P Can't wait