You must register to have access to the complete forum.

Author Topic: How to sync SY Glastrip MF  (Read 6728 times)

sagantech

• Sagan Technology
    • Email
How to sync SY Glastrip MF
« on: October 02, 2011, 05:42:48 AM »
Hello,

I am not much of a synth programmer although I know how to program other things.

Anyway the factory patch in the synth category 'SY Glastrip MF' is a really cool sound and I wanted to write a song using it but the sync on it is bizarre. If I set my squencer to 106.5 bpm and just play without a metronome it sounds like it is playing 16th notes but 16 of them come out to about 5 1/2 beats in the sequencer. I tried messing with the sync settings since OSC 1 is not BPM synced but setting it to BPM sync totally messes up the sound.

Is it possible to BPM sync this patch?

Thanks,

Jeremy

Bastiaan van Noord

• Administrator
    • Tone2 Audiosoftware
    • Email
Re: How to sync SY Glastrip MF
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2011, 08:46:30 PM »
Hey Jeremy,

Nowhere near a sequencer at the moment but when switching to BPM for OSC1 you did adjust the speed knob (next to the morphmode box) to match your required BPM? otherwise I'm guessing it will run at a high BPM and sound garbled..if that's even the right word for it :)

sagantech

• Sagan Technology
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2011, 02:02:26 AM »
Hello Bastiaan,

Thanks for the quick reply.

With a little more experimentation (and your help) I was able to get the sound I want with BPM sync and the BPM switch set to BPM/8 and the external tempo set to 113 BPM. However the sound is still not in sync.

What sounds like 16 16th notes takes about 5.5 beats instead of 4. If you could just take a look (or rather listen) at it and tell me what I am doing wrong would be greatly appreciated.

Jeremy

Bastiaan van Noord

• Administrator
    • Tone2 Audiosoftware
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2011, 09:33:58 PM »

Not sure what it is but I'll try to have a look at this before the weekend.