You must register to have access to the complete forum.

Author Topic: Newbie questions :)  (Read 6886 times)

Caine123

Newbie questions :)
« on: September 01, 2011, 07:47:14 PM »
Hello :)!

i was sceptical first with getting it or not but i got gladiator2 now too ;), i have already nexus2 and many told me nexus2 is enough for newer styled sounds but some sounds are only possible with gladiator2, but yeah im not a big soundprogrammer but when i decided still to get it i really love it :)!
got it only 1 day now haha, i checked many presets, these are a downside i think, cause many sound too overeffected, i think gladiator2 got better engine to demonstrate the sounds better, i think presets should be better next time!

i love how you got the full panel for the synthesis editing and that you can smaller it just for savings etc. to a small window! great!

i got 2 questions:

1. is there a way to make the full window bigger? i got a 23" but this plugin really has small knobs, texts etc. i have to get close to the monitor and i didnt need that with other plugins :(
i know it's alsready a big window cause you dont need to change pages for different sections and have everything in one window but a bit bigger would be great :)!

2. as far as i understood you can click on randomize for example in the patchbrowser window and get totally new sounds randomly not the presets etc. this is FANTASTIC! this alone is the vst worth! :)
i saved a few randomized patches, for example 8!
but is there a way to have those on the existing default bank under a category USER for example?

ok this is it atm, i will check your tutorial videos and hope to find more nice things on here to learn more about the sound synthesis and make some nice sounds :)!

regards!

Caine123

Re: Newbie questions :)
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2011, 10:09:44 AM »
no one active here? ;)

Bastiaan van Noord

• Administrator
    • Tone2 Audiosoftware
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2011, 02:04:55 PM »

We're here, took a bit longer due to a system upgrade on my side, sorry :)

1. is there a way to make the full window bigger? i got a 23" but this plugin really has small knobs, texts etc. i have to get close to the monitor and i didnt need that with other plugins Sad
i know it's alsready a big window cause you dont need to change pages for different sections and have everything in one window but a bit bigger would be great

Currently not, we already had some complaints about the GUI using too much space from some of our Macbook customers, I guess you could try a lower resolution though I admit that isn't always preferred as well with a larger screen.

is there a way to have those on the existing default bank under a category USER for example?

Not in its own category, we've looked at including a different patch browser with Gladiator but it would take a major recode to include something like that, too major for a simple update. I agree it would've been perfect to have ElectraX' browser in Gladiator though.

-Bastiaan-

Caine123

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2011, 05:25:25 PM »

We're here, took a bit longer due to a system upgrade on my side, sorry :)

1. is there a way to make the full window bigger? i got a 23" but this plugin really has small knobs, texts etc. i have to get close to the monitor and i didnt need that with other plugins Sad
i know it's alsready a big window cause you dont need to change pages for different sections and have everything in one window but a bit bigger would be great

Currently not, we already had some complaints about the GUI using too much space from some of our Macbook customers, I guess you could try a lower resolution though I admit that isn't always preferred as well with a larger screen.

is there a way to have those on the existing default bank under a category USER for example?

Not in its own category, we've looked at including a different patch browser with Gladiator but it would take a major recode to include something like that, too major for a simple update. I agree it would've been perfect to have ElectraX' browser in Gladiator though.

-Bastiaan-

Thanks Bastiaan :), dont forget the randomize button when you release a new gladiator!