You must register to have access to the complete forum.

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Icarus / Re: FR: Allow Icarus 3 vst3 to substitute Icarus 2 vst2
« Last post by Markus Krause on April 30, 2024, 08:44:05 AM »
An automatic substitution of VST2 to VST3 is highly problematic for complex plugins. Both plugin formats are technically very different and have a significantly different feature set. e.g. VST3 does not offer full MIDI support. As a result automation and Midi parameters might not get mapped correctly and songs might be messed up or sound different.
I will run some tests, but I am not optimistic that an automatic migration will work properly for all possible scenarios.

You can use 'Open with Rosetta' if you want to work on an old project. The Intel version of Cubase supports VST2.
https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-us/articles/4488195658002-Cubase-12-Nuendo-12-Using-the-native-Apple-silicon-version

Or you can migrate your tracks by using 'Open with Rosetta'. Then you could render/bounce the vst2 tracks. Then save the song. Then disable 'Open with Rosetta'.

Please note: It is technically possible to run VST2 on M1 native. Other DAWs on the Mac support it. It's purely Steinberg's own decision to drop downward compatibility for VST2 on M1 Mac.

Markus

Icarus / FR: Allow Icarus 3 vst3 to substitute Icarus 2 vst2
« Last post by zvenx on April 27, 2024, 06:27:10 PM »
Hi Markus, as you know the latest/latter versions of vst3 sdk allow the daws that support it (Cubendo, KK and Maschine) to automatically subsitute the vst3 version for the vst2 version in old projects.
I came across this just now.
And because I am now on a Apple Silicon, I can't open the vst2 version that these were created on.

[edit: please do not link to external images for security and the EU 'cookie' laws]

rsp
Off topic / Comparison of Tone2 synthesizers
« Last post by Markus Krause on April 26, 2024, 01:15:22 PM »
What's the difference between the Tone2 synthesizers:

https://www.tone2.com/comparison.html
Reviews, tests & videos / Comparison of Tone2 synthesizers
« Last post by Markus Krause on April 26, 2024, 01:13:59 PM »
What's the difference between the Tone2 synthesizers:

https://www.tone2.com/comparison.html
Tone2 Electra3 / Re: FR: Additional Sizes for Electra3
« Last post by zvenx on April 26, 2024, 09:49:47 AM »
Thank you.
rsp
Icarus / Re: Waveform Preview
« Last post by Markus Krause on April 26, 2024, 08:33:40 AM »
I noted your feature request and will implement it if also several other users request it
« Last post by Markus Krause on April 26, 2024, 08:22:47 AM »
You're right. It must not necessarily be a prime number. Good ratios are fractions of small integer numbers.

I will run some tests with 7/8 (87.5%) and 5/6 (83.33%). If it looks nice I'll add it as an additional resolution.
Wolltest du nicht ein wenig Urlaub machen?
Aber sch?n, das du uns informierst. Danke.
Icarus / Re: Waveform Preview
« Last post by MarcH on April 25, 2024, 02:43:51 PM »
Yes I understand all that but to me it's logical that the selected waveform should respond to midi input and not just the first one. Auditioning a waveform by playing a midi controller keyboard is much better than poking an on GUI keyboard with a mouse as a midi controller can be played polyphonically.

As I said this is the way it works in other Wavetable synths, the selected waveform is the one that sounds when triggered from a midi controller.

So if this is intended behavior in Icarus 3 and not a bug then I'd make a feature request that the selected waveform be the one that sounds when played from a midi controller.   

« Last post by zvenx on April 25, 2024, 01:59:03 PM »
Ahhh ok.. thanks.
And of course 66% is 2/3

(though I know you know 4 is not a prime number in the 3/4, so I assume what you mean is the numerator must be a prime number. But that can't be it cause 7/8 or 87.5% would work)
Anyway so I will have to work with what it is currently.
thanks
rsp
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10