You must register to have access to the complete forum.

Author Topic: Welcome patch - help?  (Read 9064 times)

Mac of BIOnighT

• Mac of BIOnighT
    • Email
Welcome patch - help?
« on: October 11, 2017, 01:43:21 AM »
I need a little help:  since I do not use presets other than my own, when I install an update I delete all folders and place mine in their place. I know that the welcome factory patch is required by the instrument, so last time I kept it and put it in what seemed to be the right folder, one that I called "ARP".  However, now every time I load electra, it says it can't find it and that I should re-install the software, which I don't, of course, and everything works anyway when I click OK, of course.
This whole procedure is pretty frustrating, though, so could any of you please tell me the exact name of the folder where the welcome patch is located, so I can recreate it and remove this little nuisance?

Thank you in advance  :)

Markus Krause

• Tone2.com audiosoftware
  • Administrator
Re: Welcome patch - help?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2017, 08:43:41 AM »
Renaming another patch to Welcome.fxp should work. You can also create your own init patch an them save it as Welcome.fxp.

Mac of BIOnighT

• Mac of BIOnighT
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2017, 05:07:58 PM »
The patch I have  (I kept it) is called 0Welcome, I placed it in the first folder, but the message "0Welcome is missing, please reinstall the software" keeps appearing  :(  I think it looks for it in a specific folder, but I do not have that folder anymore, so I'm afraid the only solution is to create a folder with the same name and put it there, it's the only thing I haven't tried yet because I don't know what that folder is called. Could you please let me know the exact name of the folder, so I can create it?
It's no big deal, everything works anyway, but it gets pretty tiring when you have four or five instances and you have to wait for the instrument to look for the file, tell you it doesn't find it, click on OK for every instance :(
I can live with it, of course, but I'll be happier if I can solve it  ;-) 

Markus Krause

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2017, 06:05:03 PM »
There is also a Welcome.fxp in ElectraX_data. You could try this one.

If it still doesn't work ty this:

- reinstall to a new directory like C:\temp
- copy ElectraX_data and ElectraX_wavetables to your vstplugins directory or whereever you have installed Electra2
- delete C:\temp

Cheers!

Mac of BIOnighT

• Mac of BIOnighT
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2017, 03:53:01 AM »
Thanks, I'll give it a try  :)