You must register to have access to the complete forum.

Author Topic: Where to save project data for transfer 32/64 bit  (Read 3624 times)

Dumbo

Where to save project data for transfer 32/64 bit
« on: September 24, 2016, 03:56:29 PM »
Hello,

I've got the following problem: I edit my music on a win xp 32 bit system with acid pro 6. Now I make a backup on an external drive and connect this drive to my laptop which is running win 8.1 64 bit and Acid pro 7. Everything loads fine. Just my Tone 2 Synths give a error message: plugin settings can not be found. (Other VSTis load fine). My question is: Do I need to have the preset in my preset folder or which data are the Tone2 Synths checking when loading a session/(user generated) preset? This might be host dependant, but maybe there is a general procedure for transferring projects, maybe I forgot something...
Maybe you can tell me what has to be where to recreate a given synth sound?
Besides of that are all my Tone 2 Plugins running fine, even with Acid pro 7 on win 8.1 64!

Dumbo

Markus Krause

• Tone2.com audiosoftware
  • Administrator
    • Tone2.com audiosoftware
Re: Where to save project data for transfer 32/64 bit
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2016, 07:37:04 AM »
Hello Dumbo,

the plugins require several files within subdirectories of the vstplugins directory to work:

- the dll itself which is the plugin
- the sounds, usually stored within ElectraX_sounds, RayBlaster_sounds, ...
- data files like waveforms for example Gladiator_data for Icarus_Wavetables

Option 1 is that you manually copy these directories.

Option 2, which is more easy, is that you resinstall the plugins. You can find the lastest installers on this page under the section 'Updates':
https://tone2.com/html/download.html

Best Regards,
Markus

Dumbo

Re: Where to save project data for transfer 32/64 bit
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2016, 02:15:42 AM »
Thank you Markus, for the fast reply.
The Tone 2 Plugins are installed already, but I will try the manual copy of all files from the other computer, maybe I need the exact (user)presets for the given project.

Best Regards

Dumbo