You must register to have access to the complete forum.

Author Topic: Electra X Glide  (Read 6415 times)

rictheobscene

• Ghettoanalogue Productions
Electra X Glide
« on: February 26, 2015, 12:08:43 PM »
Good Morning:

I am still using Electra X v1. I've only recently become healthy enough to be able to make music. While I am salivating over the v2 upgrade, I have to make due with what I have until I have what I need to take it to the next level.

As we all know, Electra X is one powerful, super-charged synthesizer.

I have encountered something that I have been unable to accomplish and very well may not be supported, but there is no harm in asking right?

Each of the 4 synth layers has its own glide / portamento time value. I have not been able to find a way to use VST automation to manipulate that value during playback. I have dabbled with trying to use MIDI, but I haven't been successful with that approach either.

My first question would be, is it possible to automate that parameter?

Second, is it possible to do a bank / program change that would enable me to toggle between presets?

What I am doing now to accomplish this is instantiating multiple instances of the synth and using Reaper's VST bypass functionality to disable the instances that I am not using. It would be nice to be able to accomplish this with one instance, but it is by no means a necessity.

Thank you for any assistance that is offered.
With Regards:

Ric (the) Obscene
http://www.ghettoanalogue.com

Markus Krause

• Tone2.com audiosoftware
  • Administrator
    • Tone2.com audiosoftware
Re: Electra X Glide
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2015, 08:00:41 PM »
Hello rictheobscene,

thanks a lot for the nice feedback.

Some hosts (Ableton for example) only offer a limited number of automation parameters. That's why we had to limit ElectraX to the most common and popular ones. If you can't find a parameter in the automation set is is likely that it is not possible to automate it. However we have noted your request to be able to automate portamento time and we will examine if it is possible to add this to a future update.

Patch changes though midi are already supported. You must meet the following conditons: The GUI of the synth must be opened and you Midi controler must provide program up/down buttons. Electra 2.1 will also support program changes with the up/down arrows on the keyboard and the mousewheel in the patch browser.

Best Regards!

rictheobscene

• Ghettoanalogue Productions
Re: Electra X Glide
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2015, 03:36:13 AM »
Thank you for the reply. It makes perfect sense now.

I can still get what I need quick and painlessly so it's all good.

Again, thank you.
With Regards:

Ric (the) Obscene
http://www.ghettoanalogue.com