You must register to have access to the complete forum.

Author Topic: Host Automation Parameters  (Read 3544 times)

apetosa

• Email
Host Automation Parameters
« on: January 07, 2015, 08:16:47 PM »
The ElectraX user manual (note: an Electra2 user manual is unavailable) does not document which Electra (X/2) parameters are available for host automation. I am in the process of mapping parameters to the Novation Automap 4.8.0 software. Since the Novation Automap 4.8.0 software is 'middleware' between my Novation SL-MkII and my DAW, I assume that the software in effect serves as an interface for performing host automation in my DAW. For example, assume I map the Electra2 Filter 1's 'CUTOFF' parameter to an Automapped rotary dial corresponding to the actual SL MkII hardware rotary dial. I could use the rotary dial as a controller when performing real-time host automation for 'CUTOFF' in my DAW.

Kindly provide an addendum to the manual that lists all the Electra2 parameters that are available for host automation.

In the meanwhile, if it is possible to do so, I respectfully recommend that the following Electra2 GUI items acquire host parameter status:

1. The Browser decrement/increment buttons.

2. The 'BROWS' tab selector. A neat feature would enable me to map this tab selector to a Novation SL MkII button and then allow me to use the Novation SL MkII 'speed dial' continuous rotary dial to select entries with the 'TYPE' and 'PATCH' browser areas when I hover over these areas. For example, hovering over the 'TYPE' area would allow me to use the 'speed dial' to quickly select amongst the various factory/expansion/soundset categories.

3. A similar capability for the 'FILE' tab selector.

4. Similar capabilities for the 'SHOP' and 'FILE' tab selectors in the 'SOUND' area of the GUI.

5. The 'EDIT' tab selector in the 'SOUND' area of the GUI.

6. The 'SYNT1/2/3/4' tab selectors in the 'OSCILLATOR' area of the GUI. Note: The 'SYNT1/2/3/4 On' tabs' helpfully are available for host automation.

7. The 'INIT', 'COPY' and 'PASTE' tab selectors in the 'SETTINGS' area of the GUI.

8. The 'VOLUME', 'FILTER', 'AUX1', and 'AUX2' tab selectors in the 'ENVELOPE' area of the GUI.

9. The '1 - 5' and '6 - 10' tab selectors in the 'MATRIX' area of the GUI.

10. The '1', '2', '3', and 'STEP' tab selectors in the 'LFO' area of the GUI.