You must register to have access to the complete forum.

Author Topic: Solved: File name of Electra2 in Finder  (Read 11718 times)

cis-didge

Solved: File name of Electra2 in Finder
« on: September 22, 2014, 02:51:25 PM »
After installing the Electra2 update, shouldn't all my Electrax stuff be renamed from .....x to ....2.

I expected to have a folder named Electra2_data, not ElectraX_data.
Also in my vst directory it still shows up as ElectraX (though it loads as Electra2, exept erlier projects which still loads ElectraX.
After scanning for new plugins i actually have to ElectraX vst's, one is in my Tone 2 folder together with Gladiator
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 10:09:47 AM by Markus Krause »

Markus Krause

• Tone2.com audiosoftware
  • Administrator
    • Tone2.com audiosoftware
Re: Electra2 shows as ElectraX in Finder
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2014, 12:22:13 PM »
Hello cis-didge,

Electra2 seems to works as expected on your system.

Electra2 is 100% downward compatible with ElectraX 1.3 or higher. You are able to load your old song projects made with ElectraX with Electra2.
To maintain this downward compatibility it is necessary that file names, directory names and Plugin IDs remain the same. The directory names and file names on your system seem to be correct.

Your old projects which still load ElectraX seem to be created in 32-bit mode (ElectraX v1.2 or earlier), while the newer ones seem to use the 64 bit version which is only available from v1.3 or higher. That's why you might see the plugin twice. From the technical aspect Apple's AU plugin system handles a 32 bit and 64 version of a plugin as two 'different' plugins (which is imho a rather stupid design decision).

If everything works as expected you should not touch anything on your system. If you got technical problems please follow these instructions:

-------------------------------------------------

We don't recommend that you install serveral versions of Electra at the same time, since Electra2 is downward compatible, but the old ElectraX is not upward compatible with Electra2.
In general you should never do hybrid installations of serveral versions of software, since this can lead to unexpected side effects.

To fix your hybrid installation you first should remove all ElectraX files (except the t2k keyfiles) from your system:
1) Delete Library/Audio/Plug-ins/VST/ElectraX.vst
2) Delete Library/Audio/Plug-ins/components/ElectraX.component
3) Delete Library/Audio/Plug-ins/ElectraX_sounds
3) Delete Library/Audio/Plug-ins/ElectraX_data

Then completely close your host and run the installer of the Electra2 full version. After this do a plugin rescan in your host. Now you should only see Electra2.

Best Regards,
Markus
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 12:25:55 PM by Markus Krause »