You must register to have access to the complete forum.

Author Topic: Electra2 feature requests  (Read 63315 times)

Markus Krause

• Tone2.com audiosoftware
  • Administrator
Electra2 feature requests
« on: June 25, 2014, 09:00:52 AM »
This is the right place to post feature requests for Electra2.
We will and evaluate every single request. Some of the requests will be implemented in free updates. Please keep in mind that there are also techncial restrictions and we can not fullfill everyone's needs.

Thank you for your engagement,
The Tone2 Team
« Last Edit: February 09, 2023, 11:33:11 AM by Markus Krause »

Sabastian92

• Email
Re: Electra2 feature requests
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2014, 03:45:53 AM »
I'd like to see a Granular synthesis feature. More wonderful waveforms too. Everything is amazing already. Maybe new filters now and the maybe a cascade phaser filter... :)

Markus Krause

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2014, 02:37:29 PM »
A cascade phaser filter is available:
Click on the filter type and select Phaser. With 'Reso' you can control the number of stages.

Furthermore there are 2 new Phasers as effects available:
Phaser FB and Phaser Stereo. With 'Stages' you can control the number of stages.

filter303

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2014, 08:05:52 PM »
Hi.

I hope you guys are not shocked with my long feature request list. I have used Electra(X) quite a bit and I have thought a lot of how I would like to see it improved. It's probably my favorite synths of all time afterall ;) And please forgive me if some of these already exist, it wouldn't be the first time for me to be ignorant.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- 3 additional matrix pages more for 15 additional modulation slots (for a total of 25slots). I often run out of the slots before I have even set up the velocity for the patches and there is no room to setup any other controllers like modwheel etc. This alone would improve the synth big time by giving more expression and freedom for sound design when it comes to single synth layers. Electra is a complicated synth and it deserves even a better mod matrix. There is room for these in the GUI. This would really expand what could be done with single layers.

- One additional LFO... I really like crazy modulated patches and I have found myself missing fourth LFO a lot. There is room for it on the GUI.

- Zoom function for imported samples. It would make setting the start/end/loop points so much easier if it was possible to zoom in and out. I have made plenty of new sounds lately and I found it a bit frustrating to find the correct spots with some less than perfectly edited samples I have imported into Electra.

- Additional higher oversampling quality option. I think this would be useful with the patches that have more extreme modulation and distortion going on.

- Mousewheel support with locking to wide values (eg modwheel 0, 5, 10 insted 1,2,3 etc)

- Doubleclicking a parameter to reset it to default position. I know you can do it if you press CTRL + mouse button but it would be so cool to have one hand on the musical keyboard and one hand on the mouse while doing this. I so long to be set free from the computer keyboard when making patches and this would enable it.

- Oscillators as source for the mod matrix would open a whole world of new sounds to us.

- Static tempo synced LFO lfo rates as mod sources (like the ones that are there already: sine 4hz etc). Same thing for the static decay settings in the mod matrix.

- Different modes for the portamento (what I mean is different shapes of doing the slides).

- Ability to import user wavetables (.wt).. many people would go nuts for this.

- Effect parameters available as destinations in the mod matrix. I don't want to compare Electra with other synths but I just have to say that I have one synth that has this feature (Spire), and I've had a blast doing my own soundbank for it because of this feature.

- Micropresets/templates for the envelopes (and why not for some other parts too). EG: bass, pad etc. This would give a lot of variation when trying out the included patches.

- Ability to lock certain areas (osc, env, filter, modmatrix, fx mix etc) when changing patches.

- Patch generator for those moments when you need something to spark your imagination with new sounds. The one in the Gadiator2 is so good, I have used it to make so really crazy FX patches I wouldn't have never thought otherwise.
- Velocity switches for the oscillators, just like there is for the synth layer. I have missed this one so bad and it's sometimes frustrating to spend the modwheel slots to achieve the same thing.

- Microtuning (.tun) support. Ok, I wouldn't ever use this one, but this is for the people who don't buy synths without support for other than the standard tuning.

- Drift knob for the oscillators just to make things a bit more organic if necessary.

- Show note together with hz in the main display when tweaking the filter.

- Tempo sync for the different envelope parts (attack, decay, rel).

- Tempo sync for all the included mod FX.

- More factory wavetables. Something based on the real instrument recordings could makesome really interesting and organic results.

- Option to use the old theme. I really miss the colors. Pretty Please *sob* :,(

- Precise version number on the GUI.
- Midi learn

- Main display could show a AT, PB, MW, VEL text if the patch is using aftertouch, pitchbend, modwheel or velocity. CRX4 has it and I find it very useful.
- Real unison with spread and detune knobs

- Autotrim start/endpoints for samples for the sample editor with different threshold settings

- Predelay tempo syncs for the reverbs that have tempo sync.

Thank you for listening :)

Markus Krause

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2014, 07:28:53 AM »
Many of your requests have already been implemented for Electra2. Don't miss to check out our features list here:

http://www.tone2.org/forum/index.php?topic=2110.0

Markus Krause

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2014, 08:55:33 AM »
Requested by MorpherX:
- Individual crossfade loops
- Undo for sample edit

filter303

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2014, 08:13:15 PM »
Wow, that's a really big of improvements. I am glad to see some of my FR's already there. I can't believe I have missed the MIDI learn. Somehow I totally forgot that EX already has the global analog drift setting too.

I have a few more requests.

New destinations to mod matrix:
-Endpoint 1
-Endpoint 2
-Endpoint 3

Modulating the start and end points of samples could provide some very interesting results (like scanning the sample with modwheel for example) ;)

Markus Krause

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2014, 08:58:10 AM »
Requested by MorpherX:

- Mousewheel support for the patch browser

Requested:

- up / down arrows for the patch browser
- A different background grid for the step lfo
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 09:10:02 AM by Markus Krause »

Markus Krause

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2014, 09:05:12 AM »
Wow, that's a really big of improvements. I am glad to see some of my FR's already there. I can't believe I have missed the MIDI learn. Somehow I totally forgot that EX already has the global analog drift setting too.

I have a few more requests.

New destinations to mod matrix:
-Endpoint 1
-Endpoint 2
-Endpoint 3

Modulating the start and end points of samples could provide some very interesting results (like scanning the sample with modwheel for example) ;)

Hi filter303,

this could indeed provide some interesting results. However it will also result in a lot of crackles.

Modulating the start point of a sample is already possible. You can find it as Start1, Start2, Start3 in the mod matrix destination. Especially in combination with the arp you can create interesting sounds. Several patches in the Vocal and Vocoder section use this setup.

I will check out if a more advanced sample scanning is possible for a future update.

terrablue

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2014, 06:52:41 PM »
Hi there,

I bought Electra 2 today and I am totally fascinated. A few feature request I would still  ;D

Wavesequencing, Vector Synthesis and envelopes with eight levels would not be bad. VST3 and multi-core support, I would also very much welcome.

Markus Krause

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2014, 09:32:28 AM »
Multicore support is already in. Every single instance of Electra2 runs on up to 3 cores.

terrablue

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2014, 05:05:23 PM »
Thanks for the reply, Markus.  :)

I forgot something, MIDI Out for the arpeggiator would also be cool.

MorpherX

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2014, 08:59:09 PM »
Hi,

I would find it very very helpfull to have the ability to save and load Arpeggiator-Patterns.
With this function it would be easy to use a certain Arpeggio in different Synth-Layers and Patches.

Thanks !

SLiC

• Email
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2014, 01:57:52 PM »
Hello

Electra2 is my first Tone2 synth and I have been impressed with both the instrument and the service.

Couple of suggestions....(the synth almost has everything!)

1) Electra2 is begging for a vector/joystick mix option between the 4 synths (multilayers) so that this can be played with a joystick (SY22 - Wavestation  ;)) or animated - its almost as if Electra2 was 'born' to do this  :)

2) Install to a folder! (it put a lot of loose files in to my tidy VSTi Folder  ???)

3) Have a deal on the soundpacks 'without' including Electra2 (for people like me who bought from JJR etc and didn't see this!) also a good idea to have small groups (say packs of 4 that work together - Camel Audio are good at discounting this way) or keep it simple- buy 1, get one free :-) Lots of new Electra2 may be looking to get in to the packs....

jobromedia

• Email
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2014, 03:49:48 PM »
A feature requests:

1 new synth section: Global matrix.
- This has dynamically allocated tabs each with dynamically allocated different slots.
- Each has the following parameters.
 * Source
 * Curve type
 * Destination
 * Modulate offset source 1 (adds / subtracts from the values)
 * Modulate offset source 2 (adds / subtracts from the values)
 * Modulate offset source 3 (adds / subtracts from the values)