You must register to have access to the complete forum.

Author Topic: Little ASIO tutorial video for casting / streaming  (Read 5351 times)

GeorgeZ

• Sound Designer
Little ASIO tutorial video for casting / streaming
« on: February 04, 2014, 07:10:09 PM »
So, my first foray into streaming... don't think it turned out too bad. This is a little tutorial on how to set up WDM Link driver to intercept ASIO audio, output it to a stereo mix (recordable like the old what-u-hear in win XP) and out to your speakers... added a blurb about OBS as well, which works a bloody treat, and is free!
Might do some Tone2 sound design vids as well, seeing as I have it all set up for videos now (really simple and straight forward now that i have the driver issues sorted!).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvo_jVegDr4

Cheers,
George

Markus Krause

• Tone2.com audiosoftware
  • Administrator
    • Tone2.com audiosoftware
Re: Little ASIO tutorial video for casting / streaming
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2014, 11:23:11 AM »
Thanks george. This is possibly what we've been looking for when we record with camtasia. There you can record only stereo with low latency. And it's not possible to record the mic at the same time.

GeorgeZ

• Sound Designer
Re: Little ASIO tutorial video for casting / streaming
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2014, 08:56:40 PM »
Good stuff. Figured it'd be useful for other people as well, seeing as it took SO ling for me to get this sorted. I'm testing another piece of software now which is a free alternative to the WDM link driver, just so it can be an option as well for people who don't want to put down $19.95 for that part of it. I'll report back.

EDIT: the other throughput driver I was put onto is VB-cable... nah, doesn't work (requires JACK audio and just gets complicated), so the software in the video is still the way to go.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 11:51:03 AM by GeorgeZ »