You must register to have access to the complete forum.

Author Topic: Nemesis feature requests  (Read 30026 times)

Stefkin

Re: Nemesis feature requests
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2014, 02:47:04 AM »
Hi guys, great product,  it leaves little to be desired.

However, I did not find any way to modulate the "Phase" knob with an LFO, for instance. The matrix does not show "Phase" as a possible destination. I am now using automation to reach the desired effect, which is a bit of work when you are actually trying to create a sine wave using Logic 9's drawing tools.. ;) Could this be added, or is there a workaround?

That said, I appreciate the fact that Nemesis features two extra modulation matrix positions (compared to ElectraX) since in ElectraX I always seem to run out when I still need to modulate that one final parameter... However, I still feel Nemesis could use a few more, especially since there are 4 oscillators/sources to consider - and this goes for Electra2 actually, since I saw it still has the same number as ElectraX (namely 10).

Thanks!

Bastiaan van Noord

• Administrator
    • Tone2 Audiosoftware
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2014, 03:15:56 PM »

No workaround for that one I'm afraid so host automation is still your best option. We'll see if it's possible or make sense to include Phase in the mod.matrix list, not a lot of people/designers would use it though, nevertheless we'll check it out :)

Markus Krause

• Tone2.com audiosoftware
  • Administrator
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2018, 02:10:03 PM »
By email: "Hi. Thank you for including the new randomizer feature for the arp in Icarus! Many new presets have already been added to my arsenal! Would it be possible for their to be the same addition to an update for Nemesis? I love that arp design."

MarkH

• Email
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2019, 12:17:34 AM »
I would love to see a Filter section implemented in Nemesis as I always find myself using a 3rd party filter plugin with Nemesis.

Comb, Vowel, All pass, LP, HP, BP, BR, etc. would be very nice to have onboard.

I would like to see the amount of Effects slots increased from 2 upto 4 or 8. There are alot of nice effects to mix and match in Nemesis.

Some other new ideas could be to add some assignable Macro knobs. A custom LFO shape editor.

Keep up the good work.

Anton

• Email
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2022, 05:36:48 PM »
Add Undo/Redo functions, extend Matrix pages up to 8, move Shop into Browser

"Shop" may be represented as a number of Presets Packs' skins. Their bright representation will definitely stand out the white skin of plugin.

Sometimes two pages of the Martix are not enough. More than this, adding more connections doesn't reflect itself finally in the Matrix but creates unpredictable impact on the Target parameter. This might be easily corrected adding 4 or better up to 8 Matrix pages and this might be picturized like two arrow bars with written Page Number of the Matrix.

Beside of "Shop" button there can be placed two Arrows of Undo/Redo functions that are really crucial whilst creating presets.

EQ Lowcut and EQ Highcut Q Parameter
This would widen versatility of the plugin in general if there was a possibility to adjust the Q or slope of filters in

LFO extend up to 4
- Smooth transition between waves of LFO. This might be implemented by performing basic waves of LFO as a simple Wavetable with slow transition like Sine -> Triangle -> Square -> Saw.
In this case modes like "Sample & Hold and "Ramped Noise", they could be separated of "transitioned" waves.
- 4 LFOs and modulated transition between them!
I tried to picturize them below, where LFO1 is capable to morph into LFO2 and this Morph/Transition parameter might be able to be modulated too, by Modwheel as an example.

Modwheel reset bug
Probably, it's not even bug but it really makes creation process harder. The case is, whenever a user drops the connection of Modwheel onto any other parameter, it's position (position of Modwheel) resets into initial statement.
Let's say, I turned Modwheel to 100% to hear "modulated" sounding. And then I want to try a "new connection" between Modwheel and some parameter. Doing this leads me to the very initial sounding, not even "modulated". So I every time I have to turn Modwheel to 100% again to check the result of modulation tweaks. It may seem time consuming.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2022, 06:11:10 AM by Anton »

Anton

• Email
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2022, 06:04:02 AM »
Some another fixes and ideas:
- Sounds in Nemesis are really glossy, it needs filters. Would be better to make 2 Filters, in right side of Synthesis Modes, each for every Neo FM. This would give users more flexibility and appeal them.
- Modulation of Modulation chains. We've seen its rising in Vital and PhasePlant synths. This shouldn't be lost, moreover with so rich sounding of NeoFM synthesis, making it more complex could give really outstanding results.
- "Quick save patch" is really distracting visibly while creation process. The eye of user is more familiar with "Save" and "Save as". This would be better for perceiption and speed of the workflow.
- Several Modwheels as Macro. This would be awesome to have 4 Modwheels but according the idea of skin it would look odd. So the optimal case is to make 4 Macro's or 4 Modwheels twice smaller and arranged on the same spot as this One that exists now.
- Modulation of Glide. Sometimes transforming initial preset into drastically another can be ruined by still working Glide mode.
- FX Mix modulation by Modwheel/LFOs/ENVs/ This would be really cool and really appealing, if we talk about FM synthesis, to "shift" percentage of Effects whilst "Modwheeling"
- 4 effects and rearrangement of Effects chain. As it's been said above, We could notice this approach in Vital and PhasePlant but still!!! nobody guessed about Modulation arrangement of Effects! Plus, this SHOULD (eah, exactly should :\) be made smoothly! There shouldn't be a simple "switch" sound while transitioning from one Effect to another, they should re-arrange smoothly.
- Modes of LFO:
FREE - Does not reset, just works according it's frequency;
Note - Resets with every note;
Sync - resets relating the project, more often starts from Midi Clip's beginning (all of them I took from Bitwig Studion as an example)
- If to turn Modwheel and change drastically initial sound, then put on Unison 2x/4x mode, the sound resets onto Initial but with no graphical changes of the Modwheel position. It stays 100% but sounds like Initial sound with 0%.

Markus Krause

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2022, 10:00:51 AM »
Hello Anton,

thank you for your feedback and sharing your ideas. There are some good suggestions in it.

- Modulation of Modulation chains.

This is already possible in nearly all Tone2 synths. You need to select 'Matrix' as a modulation target.
Example:
In Matrix slot 1:
- Set Lfo1 as source
- Set send level to 0
- Set target to pitch
In matrix slot 2:
- Set Modwheel as source
- Set send level to 100
- Set target to Matrix 1
Now the modwheel will change the modulation debpth of lfo1

- FX Mix modulation by Modwheel

You could try this in the Matrix:
- Set Modwheel as modulation souce
- Set FX Duck as target
- Set send level to 100

Modes of LFO:
FREE - Does not reset, just works according it's frequency;
This is already supported in all Tone2 synths. Turn the PHASE knob to 0. Then it run in '
Free & Global'

Note - Resets with every note;
This is already supported in all Tone2 synths. Turn the PHASE knob to a value larger than 0

Sync
This is already supported in all Tone2 synths. Turn the PHASE knob to 0 and enable the BPM button.

I also recommend that you check out Icarus2. It is also capable of doing FM and comes with all the features that you requested.
https://www.tone2.com/icarus.html

Merry Christmas,
Markus
« Last Edit: December 23, 2022, 10:16:00 AM by Markus Krause »

Anton

• Email
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2022, 12:40:48 PM »
Wow! Thank You for your patience shown to such nagging users like me, seems like I just didn't read manual wich is crucial after every purchase.  :) I've been dreaming about Nemesis for a long time, it was like love from the first glance. :D Now, after I have been saving up for a year and purchased it, I will study it deeper and be more responsible to my Luv  :angel:

Ow My God! I just tried Icarus in demo mode!!! It is tremendously awesome  :o Just incredibly, super awesome!!!
I will surely buy it. Pity that not now but damn!!! it's so cool! I've put my wavetable, FMed it by OSC3, modulated FM with LFO3 which was already there in knob, added reverb and Wow!!! Perfect pad! It's just perfect!

Anton

• Email
« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2022, 02:44:27 PM »
Yes...  ??? Have to admit... creation on Icarus is entire joy  :o

Anton

• Email
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2023, 10:02:44 PM »
Dear Markus,
Recently I re-watched Your videos about Electra3 and Icarus 2.5. There's so much love You input into Your work. I just want to thank You one more time and apologize for my ignotance with "ideas".
Thank You for everything You do.  :)

Markus Krause

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2023, 11:17:34 AM »
Hello Anton,

thank you for the nice feedback and supporting our small company :-)

Markus