Firebird 2.0 goes freeware!
After seven years of faithful service, Firebird itself has become vintage. Even though it's no longer profitable to remain a commercial product, we feel that more people deserve an opportunity to enjoy this sometimes heavily underestimated synthesizer. Which is why we decided to release one last update and turn Firebird, previously sold for $79, into freeware.
Please feel free to download, share and enjoy this freebie, which should provide you with a nice introduction to our products, as well as many more years of musical inspiration.Firebird+ Unique & innovative
Firebird+ is not just another subtractive synthesizer, it uses a unique synthesis architecture to deliver next-generation sounds. Its innovative user interface provides you with the tools to create impressive sounds with a minimal amount of effort.
Featuring an impressive selection of 437 build-in sounds, representing both highly sought-after VA sounds, as well as sounds more specific to Firebird and characterized by its Harmonic Content Morphing synthesis, breathing both life and dynamics into the sounds.Harmonic Content Morphing (HCM™) synthesis
Harmonic Content Morphing synthesis is based on a large, expandable repertoire of standard waves, like saw, pulse, as well as more complex wave material, like multi-waves, trumpets, organs, pads, pianos and voice samples.
These waves are modified in real-time, by for example transposing the wave by one or two octaves and adding it to the original wave, altering its harmonic structure, syncing, compressing or even expanding the frequency domain of the spectrum. Making the wave for example sound more fat using only one oscillator, transforming each wave into a hyper-wave or selecting some cycles of a sample and moving through them over time (comparable to wavetable synthesis). Any modification of a wave can be modulated producing lively shimmery sounds (remember: using only one oscillator!) With a total of more than 18,000 different spectra available for combination and modulation, Firebird+ gives an almost unlimited amount of timbres to experiment with.Highlights
- Very easy to program and easy to use
- A unique sounding synthesis: Harmonic content morphing (HCM)
- High sound quality: Warm, transparent
- 437 hand picked presets included, over 1000 sounds available
- 84 oscillator types containing 18,000 morphable waveforms
- 38 different filter types
- True stereo mode, 4x unison mode, and up to 8 oscillators per voice
- Can sound like other synthesis methods - additive, subtractive, AM, FM, phase distortion, supersaw, vocoder, sync
- Can sound like natural instruments like piano, brass, organs...
- 23 spectral manipulations or “modifiers” can be applied to the oscillators
- 21 arpeggiator types
- 13 effect types
- Skinable user interface
For more info and download link, please visit the Tone2 website: http://www.tone2.comNew features and enhancements:
- Enhanced sound: Less aggressive treble, more smooth
- Ultra quality is selected by default
- Lower CPU because of SSE2 support
- Faster loading and saving of songs
- Smart installer which automatically detects the correct location
- Enhanced host compatibility
- Accidently visiting the website by clicking on the logos is not longer possible
- Reworked some graphics
- First patch was clipping in some hostsChanges:
- The product is now freeware (previously $79)
- Keyfile is not longer required
- Iqm is switched to off by defaultFurther notes:
- V2.0 is downward compatible with previous versions
- CPU can reduced by selecting a lower quality in 'setup'
- For technical reasons there will be no 64 bit or Mac version
- You're allowed to share Firebird2 with all your friends
- If you like Firebird please support us by buying other Tone2 products