You must register to have access to the complete forum.

Author Topic: BiFilter feature requests  (Read 40070 times)

Burkuagh

Re: BiFilter feature requests
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2011, 12:36:35 AM »
I totally forgot I have it in Warmverb.   :P

michi_mak

« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2012, 08:18:21 PM »
any news on new features and releases???

Markus Krause

• Tone2.com audiosoftware
  • Administrator
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2012, 09:37:49 AM »
Hello Michi_Mak,

were are currently working on free updates for ElectraX and Gladiator, since many people have requested a 64 bit Mac version for these products.
The current version of BiFilter2 is very stable and there are no serious compatibility problems known. But it's possible that we will do a 64 bit Mac version for BiFilter2. This would mean that we would do another update for it. Currently i can't tell an exact release date for it.

michi_mak

« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2012, 08:05:57 AM »
Markus,
i did not refer to stability issues or asking about x64 - i was refering to new features as in "envelope generator" or as in "envelope follower" for instance.

Markus Krause

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2012, 11:58:44 AM »
Hello Michi_Mak,

FilterBank3 is a pimped BiFilter with envelopes and LFOs. It's available here:
http://tone2.com/html/filterbank3_vsti_vst_au_synthe.html

You might be interested in this one.  ;)

Best Regards,
Markus

michi_mak

« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2012, 08:03:22 PM »
well it's pimped up but still missing some of the filter types ( i miss FM SQUARE !!! ) available in BiFilter...
so adding an envelope generator and / or an envelope follower would be great ( and imo not interfere with FilterBank ).

LeVzi

• Email
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2012, 02:39:27 PM »
There appears to be a fair bit of interest in a mac 64 AU version of BiFilter2 , no idea if this is planned, but maybe worth thinking about :)

foldy

« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2013, 01:14:20 AM »
Hey guys, I'd love to have an option to turn off the smoothing on the frequency control to allow for stepped automation etc.

Cheers

Stefkin

« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2014, 04:19:55 AM »
Sorry to revive a comatose topic, but I would really really really like a 64-bit AU version of BiFilter! It was the first Tone2 product I purchased after being greatly impressed by the sound diversity and quality compared to other filter plug-ins, and I have used it in many projects since with great results. Now preparing for an upgrade to Logic X (from Logic Pro 9), so going fully 64-bits - and really having a hard time letting go of BiFilter as my go-to filter plug-in.

I tried 32Lives to see if that would  allow me to run BiFilter in Logic X, but unfortunately it would not pass AU validation. As I am a very satisfied Tone2 customer and fan, I would hate to have to replace this wonderful, essential plug-in for something else entirely.

Please tell me, dear Tone2, is help underway?

Markus Krause

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2014, 11:29:05 AM »
Hello Stefkin,

a 64 bit version of BiFilter2 is already available for PC.

Sadly a 64 bit Mac version would require a complete rewrite of the GUI code and the AU interface. It also won't be downward compatible with the 32 bit version, since Logic handles the 32 and 64 bit versions of plugins as two different plugins. That's why you won't be able to load old 32 bit BiFilter projects with 64 bit Logic.

It is possible that we will do a 64 bit version of BiFilter, however i will not promise this.

Best Regards,
Markus
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 11:33:55 AM by Markus Krause »

Brendan

• Email
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2015, 01:37:28 PM »
A 64bit AU would be great. Is it possible to create Mono options for both the 32 and 64 bit versions?

LeVzi

• Email
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2020, 01:35:28 PM »
Hi guys,

Something that's always bothered me, but i've never reported it, is that in Cubase, when you list by vendor, Bifilter is in tone2.com audiosoftware  and all the others are in Tone2.com  Is there any chance for a minor update to rectify this ? So all my Tone2 products are in the same vendor ?

Nice one ? :)

PS I have this issue with PSP Audio plugins, some are listed as Unknown which is ever worse lol

Markus Krause

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2020, 08:31:20 AM »
Hi LeVzi,

it is just a cosmetic issue and has no effect on the functionality of the plugin.
On PC this can be fixed. I will take care of it in a future update.

Markus

LeVzi

• Email
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2020, 10:09:31 AM »
Hi LeVzi,

it is just a cosmetic issue and has no effect on the functionality of the plugin.
On PC this can be fixed. I will take care of it in a future update.

Markus

Thank you mate, it's just purely a OCD thing maybe on my part, and well it would be nice to have all Tone2 effects and instruments grouped in the same vendor, as I use that kind of list in Cubase. :)

THanks mate, all the best.